2: the boy named zenitsu agatsuma

electrifying | kimetsu no yaiba

chapter two
the boy named zenitsu agatsuma

Zenitsu opened his pair of brown eyes to see a familiar (h/l), (h/c) girl kneeling beside his futon. It seemed like while he was unconscious, Tanjiro and the gang brought him to bed, so he could get some shut eye. But due to his enhanced hearing skills, he could still listen to some of the conversations they had.

Inosuke, however, is the only one who hasn't showed much concern yet. He still focused on getting a good punch on Tanjiro while trying to maintain himself from breaking his ribs.

Tanjiro was the elderly brother among the group. As an elder brother himself, he kept on whispering to Zenitsu that he was going to be fine.

Then there was earth to (y/n), or known as 'Tsuma Kazue.' She was the most concerned among them all, mainly because she's still convinced that she gave him some kind of heart attack to the poor boy.

The thing is, she did. She really did give him a heart attack, but not in the way she thought it would be. He was struck in the heart by lightning; perhaps because he had his feelings locked to someone who actually cared for him. From all the girls he had met, there was never a sign of genuine love. It's true that he may be a heavy load for most girls, but looking at (y/n) made him feel warm and fuzzy. A feeling that pushed him to trust her, or maybe to admire her even more.

They had just met each other on that same day, so he had no idea who this 'Tsuma Kazue' person was. But something in his soul reminded him that maybe she would one day give him an answer why he seemed rather captivated to the girl.

As she entered that room when he was being choked by Inosuke, it felt like a bright glimmer of light flashed into his eyes, believing that the lunatic with the boar mask had already taken his life. But it was (y/n). For him, she took away more than his life. She took away his entire existence. Somehow, (y/n) had given Zenitsu another reason to live.

He really is a hopeless romantic dope.

"Oh, you've finally woken up," said (y/n), noticing that Zenitsu's been squirming on his blanket, "I was getting really worried about you."

"Kazue.. is that right?" asked Zenitsu, confirming the name of the girl.

"Indeed," agreed (y/n) looking at the boy's face with her (e/c) eyes, "So I guess your name is Zenitsu then?"

"I guess so," replied the cheese boy, who nervously scratched his head when (y/n) set eye contact with his.

"Zenitsu, huh," (y/n) repeated, quietly chuckling to herself, "For me, I think it's a very funny name."

The way she giggled had Zenitsu tickle himself in pink. It sounded cute and lighthearted. The sight of (y/n) .. or Tsuma hugging herself while chuckling seemed too adorable for the frail boy to handle.

"For me, I think 'Tsuma Kazue' is a very beautiful name," he said, slipping his words without knowing.

Listening to those last words had (y/n) turn her head to the other side as she covered her face from blushing in front of Zenitsu. Honestly, she hasn't taken much compliments from people except for her supportive grandfather, so she really is a dork sometimes when she tries to accept them without flustering so much. Secondly, she's not really familiar with boys, which doubles the awkward dork energy on (y/n).

"Are you okay, Kazue-chan?! Did I insult you in any way?!" Zenitsu suddenly sat up to reach out for (y/n) because he was too paranoid that his random pickup line had given her a different impression.

"Not really," replied (y/n), turning her head back again to look at him. She used some opportunity to observe a bit more about this Zenitsu guy. Although his name and his blonde hair were pretty funny, there was something else that was left in him that (y/n) couldn't figure it out. She next scanned his eyes, and they dilated a pure brownish hue similar to a bar of milk chocolate.

"Are you sure?!" Zenitsu exaggerated again, clearly worried if (y/n) was affected in a good way or a bad way,
"I didn't mean to hurt you or any-"

"I'm sure of it," (y/n) smiled, hoping that this would stop him from overthinking. But things ran quickly in Zenitsu's mind because of how good she looked when she smiles.

The door slid open, entering the old Hisa-san, holding a wooden box wrapped in white fabric. That same box had a tray of tempura and onigiri, cooked for Zenitsu, since the rest had already taken their meal while he was fast asleep on his futon.

(y/n) and Zenitsu both bowed in unison when Hisa-san went in.

"You'll feel much better if you eat these, young boy," said Hisa-san, "Be careful, though. They're still hot!"

Zenitsu walked slowly toward the old woman, gently taking the tray of tempura and onigiri. His movements were less reckless compared to what had happened earlier.
"Thank you so much, Hisa-san," thanked the blonde boy, as he set it on the floor, nearby his futon.

Then Hisa-san called out (y/n).
"Young lady, this is a parcel delivered directly to you," she spoke, referring to the wooden box she was still holding, "You take good care of it."

(y/n) walked up to Hisa-san as the old woman placed the wooden box on the girl's hands. (y/n) smiled dearly, bowing again to express gratitude.
"Thank you, Ms. Hisa-san!"

Hisa-san eventually left the room, and the two were left alone once again. (y/n), carrying the box, crept up to the blonde-haired boy as he was taking his bite on an onigiri. The boy, on the other hand, felt that the sight of such a lovely girl carrying heavy load seemed like an eyesore. He never really had his first bite, but he rose up again from his feet to help the girl.

"Allow me," slipped these words from Zenitsu as he smoothly insisted (y/n) for him to hold the box himself.

Their hands accidentally interlocked with each other as the boy grabbed hold of the box. In Zenitsu's perspective, (y/n)'s hands felt rough, as if she had been overworking herself for a very long time. He felt some scars that he assumed came from her nichirin sword. As for (y/n)'s point of view, the boy's hands were delicate and velvet as pillows. Randomly spacing out in her mind, she compared cotton candy to his hands.

Nevertheless, both blushed madly, with Zenitsu being the most flustered out of the two. But they were quick enough to make this feeling unnoticeable, so it felt like nothing when it did. They kept up their straight, sensible faces.

"Thank you?" thanked (y/n), as she watched the boy suddenly acting so gentlemanly out of nowhere.

"No need to thank me, Kazue-chan!" chuckled Zenitsu, finally placing the wooden box firmly on the futon, "By the way, it wouldn't offend you if I ask you a question, right?"

"Not at all," replied (y/n) as she kneeled beside his futon mattress.

"Ever wonder what's in this box?" grinned Zenitsu as he reached his knuckles to lightly knock the top of the box at least three times.

"Not gonna lie, I haven't really thought about that," shrugged (y/n), fiddling with her fingers.

"Then how about we find it out for ourselves, Kazue-chan?" Zenitsu suggested, with his brown eyes shining towards the girl's (e/c) orbs.

"Of course!" (y/n) agreed, raising her arms with her fists clenched in excitement and curiosity to find out what was really inside it.

What's in the box?

end