6: cooking with zenitsu

electrifying | kimetsu no yaiba

chapter six
cooking with zenitsu

Zenitsu had leveled up his gentleman skills as he carefully led (y/n) back to the wisteria house. Until now, he hasn't let go of his hand from the girl's shoulders ever since their encounter with the boar.

"How did you know something was up?" mumbled (y/n) as they were making a turn towards another corridor in the house.

"Instincts, I guess?" replied Zenitsu, still retaining that soothing voice that weirded out (y/n), "I heard that something was going on outside, so I happened to look out. Then I saw you with Inosuke, and knew for a second that things ain't going to be pretty."

(y/n) remained silent for the meantime. The kitchen was far away from where she and Inosuke were earlier. So, exactly how in the world did he perfectly hear that from afar? This guy must've got some good hearing aids, if it were the case.

"I hope Inosuke-kun didn't harm you before I showed up," assured Zenitsu, "You were about to get a nasty blow back there, you know."

(y/n)'s focus directed to the boy. Whether perfect timing or not, when she tilted her head to face Zenitsu, the boy raised his other arm to brush a lock of her (h/c)-colored hair behind her ear. His velvet fingers carefully intertwining it, making sure that it wasn't in her way.

"You know what? I'm glad I came by," Zenitsu's pale, brown eyes dilated as he took a long gaze at (y/n)'s petite face, "I can't imagine your face getting all beaten up by that guy."

(y/n)'s face was already tinted pink, but she covered herself with the sleeves of her wisteria haori. Heat flushed from her face that it felt like she was going to faint anytime soon now. To hide her embarrassingly blushing mess, she continues confronting Zenitsu, although this obviously wasn't the best move.

Zenitsu's quite good and sincere at compliments, even if (y/n) wouldn't really admit much. She enjoyed them, like any other girl.

"Oh really now? It's quite bold of you to talk about my face now."

"I'm speaking truths here though!" defended Zenitsu, "Come on, you have a very sweet face, my Tsuma-chan! It's gonna be a shame if it got beaten up before our wedding day!"

"Pff- That's ridiculous," joked (y/n).

>> >>

"What's cooking, Zenitsu-kun?"

"Maybe udon? I'm feeling a little bit nostalgic today," he answered.

"That's great," she replied, "I'll go help you with the condiments."

"I can't allow my Tsuma-chan to burn out in the morning!" stuttered Zenitsu as he stopped (y/n) from grabbing a pot from a wall cabinet, "A little cutie pie like you should rest."

"Consider this a 'thank you' for what happened earlier.." insisted (y/n), placing the pot on the counter and looked up at Zenitsu's face.

Her face slowly nearing his. Her index finger lightly poking the nose of the now flustered Agatsuma boy.

"..Is that okay?" smiled (y/n) as she casually booped his nose.

He made no response to his fairy goddess. He could feel the never-ending sound of his heart beating inside of him. He couldn't even make a proper face because the heat of his blushing had succumbed him.

Noticing that silence was in the air, (y/n) called it off, walking out of the situation to grab the ingredients.

"Thank you! Arigato!" she chirped, opening the ingredient compartment underneath the kitchen floor.