Chapter 2

---Ollie's POV---
Pony and I were walking down the street with Steve and Soda.

Suddenly Pony spoke up. "Hey, sorry our project time got disturbed. I didn't know they got out early today,"

I just chuckled. "It's fine" I say and grab his hand to pull him faster. We stop at a house and Soda goes around the back. He knocks on some window and a boy with dark hair opens the window.

"Hey Johnny! We're heading to the lot to play football. Wanna come or somethin'?" Soda asks.

"Uh sure man" Johnny says and jumps out of the window.

He looks over at me and Pony.

"Hey Pony. Who's this?" Johnny asks, pointing at me. I wave and smile at him.

"This is Ollie. He's been my other best friend since the classes started" Pony explains. Johnny nods his head in my direct.

"Nice to meet ya" He says and we start walking towards the lot.

When we get there, I noticed two boys fighting each other. I don't really like fights so I scoot closer to whoever was next to me.

I turn my head and see Steve. He wraps his arm over my shoulder and brings me closer. Pony and Johnny were busy talking about something. Football maybe?

Soda ran over to the boys and tackled both of them. They both yelled and then it started a whole new fight but with Soda.

I turn to Steve. "Should we be stopping this?" I ask and point towards the boys fighting.

"Naw, they fight all the time"

We all started walking towards them and Steve pulled up a guy with a Mickey Mouse shirt on, up. "What are you doing? Let me at him!" He yelled and started wiggling in Steve's hold. "Will ya quit it! We have a person here" He said and let go of the boy, causing him to fall.

He looked over in my direction and smiled.

"Hey, I'm Two-bit. But you can call me your future boyfriend" He said. I laughed and Steve smacked him on the back of the head. "No man! I already called dibs!" Soda exclaimed and ran over to me after getting out of the fight.

He wrapped his arms around me and smiled. "Hey" He said with a smirk. I just smiled at him and laughed. A boy with dark brown eyebrows came over to us. He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. "What's this wimpy doin' here?" He said "He shouldn't be here. He lookin' like a soc to me. Plus he's ugly and could never, and I mean never, join our gang. I refuse to hang out with someone like him. He would mess up all the fighting and actual fun stuff"

My smile dropped and Pony frowned at the boy. I looked down as I pulled away from Soda. "It was nice meeting you guys but I don't think I'm welcomed here. I should go." I said and started walking away before turning to Pony. "We can work on the project at my house next time. If that's ok with you" I say. Pony nods his head I start walking back home.

I might have been a little too sensitive because of that. I mean the truth hurts but it hurts even more when someone tells you and you don't even know the person. I'm not a soc, nor a greaser. I'm in the middle. I hang out with Pony, I've talked to Randy a few times but that was only when his friends weren't around.

I open the door to see my father watching TV. I didn't say anything to him and just went upstairs. Closing my door gently, I jump onto my bed and close my eyes.

---Pony's POV---
We all turn to look at Dally. I was pretty pissed at him. "Why would you do that?! That's my best friend, sorry Johnny, that you just insulted. I'll have you know, he ain't a soc or a greaser. Sure he might be short and not as strong as you but I won't let you insult my best friend" I say and walk away. I decided to head to Ollie's house and hang out with him.

I walk around town and finally see his house down the street. I start running towards it and walk around the back of the house. I climb up a tree and onto the roof right by his window. I knock on it and wait for him to open it. He opens his eyes and looks towards me. I wave at him and he smiles a little.

He walks over to the window and opens it for me to jump in.

He suddenly opens his mouth to speak. "I'm sorry, I left my stuff at your house"

"It's fine, I can bring it to you tomorrow if that's ok with you" I say and sit down on his bed. "I'm sorry about Dally. He's just a jerk"

Ollie smiles and looks down. "Would you like me to read to you?" I ask and he nods.

We sit down and spend the rest of the reading. I ended up spending the night. Sure Soda and Darry would be worried but I'm sure it's fine.