Chapter 7: Birthday Party

1 Year Later

It's been a year and Sterling and I are as strong as ever. Our parents still don't let us have sleepovers before but we still sneak into each other's rooms for a good make out session when we can. Asher has become colder and colder towards me, I'm still not sure what happen to make him start acting like this with me. I've shut Mia out at least twice a day as she keeps daydreaming about Asher, which is just annoying.

Asher became the new Alpha when he turned 21 a few months ago after Alpha Brett stepped down. Asher hasn't found his Luna yet and you can feel the packs sadness that they haven't gotten their Luna yet. He made Owen his Beta and our dad stepped down, him and Brett just go fishing most days now. Gerard is currently his Third but Sterling and I think he will be made his Beta after he is 18, bumping the others down a spot.

It's Sterling's 18th birthday party tonight. We have talked a lot about mates over the past year. I'm still not convinced it's as magical as people make it out to be and Sterling and I have still got our promise to reject our mates for each other if we have one. The party is at the pack house and I said I'd meet Sterling there as I want to make sure everything is set up. I'm wearing a tight black dress with a jeans jacket and white sneakers. My hair is in a messy bun as I didn't want to curl it tonight.

I know Sterling and Asher are on their way as Sterling mind linked me when he left his house. Most of the pack his her to celebrate the Alphas brothers 18th birthday. The door opens and I can tell something is up with Sterling as he enters. He walks right past me and up to a girl, Maggie who is 19 and lives a few streets say from us. She holds out her arms, she probably knew they were mates for a few months now, expecting him to embrace her.

"I Sterling Townsend, reject you Maggie Campbell as my mate" he says coldly as per our promise. Everyone can see her heart break as he says the words. She runs off crying and her friends follow to comfort her. I see my mum standing a few people away from me giving me a disappointed look. I know my mum wants Sterling and I to be with our true 'mates' but we made a choice, we have chosen true love over what the 'moon goddess' has decided for us.

I walk up to Sterling and take his hand in mine, I smile at him and say I love you. "Let's get out of here" he whispers in my ear. I follow him as I know it's a big deal to him what he just did. I follow him back to his parents house, everyone is in the pack house so we are alone. We go up to his room and without saying a word we we lock lips. I can feel his energy and desire in his kiss. I know he rejected his mate for me and that I am his. We can't mark each other as mates yet as I am not 18, only a few months left. I know in this moment that I want the next best thing. I want Sterling in the way that we have been denying each other over the past year.

"I need you Olivia, tonight. Don't make me wait. I have proven to you how much I want you, how much I love you and how much you mean to me" Sterling begs between kisses. 'Walk away Olivia, please don't do this. I don't want this' Mia begs me. I'm in control in this moment not Mia so I shut her out as I don't want her to ruin my first time with Sterling.

"I'm all yours Sterling, I always will be" I say giving him consent to move forward. He pulls me onto his bed, I sit on his lap as his hands start to wander up my shirt. A moan into his neck as I clutch his shoulder, excited about where his hands are going. I feel him fumble with my bra clasp, we are both so new to this so I give a can soft laugh before attacking his lips to let him know how much I need him to. I grid on his lap, in response he grabs my ass and makes me move faster. We are both moaning between kisses now. I interrupt or kiss by pulling his tight white T-shirt over his head. His muscles, I can't wait to be so close to him, to be one for a few moments. I try kissing his chest but this position isn't working.

I try to take control and push him on his back but Sterling is too strong for me and he laughs at my attempt to dominate. Instead he stands up with me still on his lap and places me on the bed softly before hovering over me. He starts pushing my dress up and I let his hands wander, I'm getting butterflies as his hand reaches my upper inner high. "Wait" I pant, he stops confused as to why I asked him to pause. "Let me take your jeans off please, I don't want to be the only one exposed" I say blushing. I'm excited and nervous as he takes his jeans off before getting back on the bed and I let him take my dress off me.

"You are so sexy Olivia, why did we wait this long" he says to me with lust in his eyes. We both only have our undies on, he starts sucks my breasts and moans escape my mouth without me meaning to. He moves us we are facing each other lying on our sides, he takes my hand and placed them on his boxers. I gasp feeling his member hard under my hand. We start kissing and I gain the courage to slip my hand in his boxers and I can feel him tense as I do it. I'm not sure exactly what to do or what he will like, I really hop he tells me if I'm doing anything wrong.

"Don't stop Olivia, faster. Please!" Sterling says through gritted teeth. I love that he is enjoying what I am doing. All of a sudden he grabs my wrist and pulls my hand away. "Let me check if your ready for me" he says as he pushes my thing to the side after stroking me there over my thing for a few minutes. I gasp loudly as his slips his finger inside me, I can tell I'm ready by joe wet he has made me. " Sterling, we have to use a condom", I remind him and see his eyes widen.

"Shit, Olivia. I thought we weren't going to do this for a little while longer until your 18. I didn't get any" he's upset at himself I can tell. "I could run into Ashers bathroom and take his. I'm sure he won't mind" before I can say anything he runs out of the room and comes back a minute later with two condoms. "Two?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. "I want you to enjoy yourself" he states in reply. He turns the light off and starts kissing me again before taking of both our undies.

"Are you sure Olivia, I want you, but I also want you to want it" he says as he puts on a condom. I nod, I love him so much and I want him so badly in the moment. He enters my slowly and I don't feel pain but uncomfortable down there, I'm not enjoying this. He notices and stokes my hair, "do you want me to stop?"he asks worriedly. "Keep going, please" I answer, I've been told it gets better. He's on top of me keeping a steady rhythm, his eye close and I run my hands along his strong arms keeping him up to distract myself from the uncomfortable feeling of him being inside me. He speeds up and I know he's about to finish. I close my eyes to and hear him grunt before pulling out of me.

We don't say anything just kiss each other quickly before he disposes of the condom and by the time he is back I'm fast asleep, naked in Sterling's bed.