Chapter 18: His Scent

Asher's POV:

I growl at her, did she really just mention condoms in my bathroom? The ones I know her and Sterling used to take her virginity. I have accepted that about my mate, there's nothing I can do to change it so I will accept her the way she is, but does she have to rub it in my face like that?

"I guess that's how you kept busy, busy with others girls while you waited for me to learn about you being my mate? I know Alpha's have needs." She says questioningly or is it accusatorially?

"Get up Olivia, come here and smell me. Really take me in and then tell me if you still think that's how I spent my time waiting for you." I state matter of factly. Sure Alphas have needs but I wanted my first time to be with my mate. I only ever want to pleasure my mate, I only ever want to smell like my mate and not have my scent mingle with any other she wolf.

"Asher.... I'm sorry. I just assumed...." she stutters whilst going red. "Yeah I know you did, but I saved myself for you Olivia. I only ever want to be yours" I say harshly. She gets up walks towards me and burrows her nose in my neck. I know she believed me by what she said but she is still inhaling my scent and it's confirming my story even further. She doesn't remove her head from my shoulder and I can feel warm tears running down my neck and shoulders.

"I'm... I'm sorry. I didn't do the same Asher. I didn't believe, I didn't care and I was oblivious to how intense the mates pull is. I didn't wait for you Asher" I hear the sadness in her voice. "I can smell him on you, that's why I got so mad that one morning, I'm not sure if you remember. That's why I moved out. Ultimately it doesn't change anything Olivia, about how I feel about you. However when, I mean if we ever get to that stage, I feel like I'll always be your second choice. I won't know how to please you straight away because I won't know what I'm doing whereas you'll know what you like and don't like because you've explored everything with my brother. What if I'm not enough for you?" I'm spilling all my feelings to her now.

I'm terrified of the thought of us having sex, sure I want to mate with her fully, but what if I can't match her expectations? What if she compares me to my brother, and I don't turn out on top? What if I'm to quick the first time or act like a fool or touch her in a way she doesn't like.

"Asher, shhhhhhh" she whispers into my neck, "We will get through this together, I know we will. I know I didn't believe in mates but yesterday things changed. I know it hasn't been long but I want this to work Asher, I want us to work as mates." "Me too sweetheart, me too!" I reply also wanting this to work more than anything.

I leave her to help herself to anything in my wardrobe to sleep in and tell her I'm having a hot shower before bed and will be out shortly. I leave the bathroom door open just a sliver in case she needs me or something happens. I really can't suppress that dominant, protective Alpha side in me.

I turn on the shower and get in, the water is hot and relaxing. My mind starts to wonder about Olivia getting changed next door and my right hand makes it's way to my hardening shaft. Forgetting the door is slightly open I place my left hand against the shower wall and start pumping my right hand up and down my shaft. I let out grunts as I get faster, luckily they are muffled by the water pouring over my face.

I hear little foot patters coming into the bathroom, I stop what I'm doing realising Olivia has joined me in the bathroom. The shower door is full of steam so I can't make her out well and neither can she me which is good as I have a full erection still in my right hand.

"I want this to be our first together, I've never showered with anyone before Asher. Erm, I get if this is too soon so if now is not a good time we can..." I cut her off by growling "Mine" where is my self control? Olivia understood that correctly and took it as an invite to join me. My mouth hangs open as Olivia steps into the already steamy shower fully naked with her hair down.

I get a sudden boost of confidence with this beautiful lady standing in front of me and place some minty shower gel in my palms. I hold them out to her and she understand my offer to wash her body. I know she's seen my erection and hasn't commented on it, I did see her eyes widen in shock which made my chest expand with pride. She turns around and I start rubbing and washing her back. I hear light sexy moans come from her mouth as I rub circles on her back, focussing in on tight spots.

I wonder is she'll let my hand go down to her butt or wrap around the front, but I remind myself that I want her to set the pace in this. She must feel my hesitation as she turns around and places kisses on my lips. She leans in to me and we both know she can feel my erection up against her stomach but we don't say anything. She runs her hands through my wet hair feeling so good. I lift her up by the legs and pin her against the shower wall wrapping her legs around my waist. She gasps in pleasure and deepens our kiss.

I can smell a new scent in the air, even under the steam which must be her sweet arousal. I grunt at the thought of her sex and arousal right on my abs and place my hands tightly around her neck kissing her desperately. I let her neck go and start kissing down the left side of it, licking and kissing it, letting my scent go all over the spot where I want to mark her. I give her a hickey on the spot that I actually want to sink my canines into but I don't, I can't, not yet at least.

She unwraps her legs off from around my waist to stand up. I think she's ready to exit the shower and dry off but she's lowering herself to her knees. What is she doing now?