first date

"shall we?" changbin opened the door for me and gave me his hand as i stepped out. he held out his shoulder, signalling me to link arms with him, so i did. we began walking to the entrance of this massive mansion looking place. when i say this is like a castle i mean it. the whole front was covered with a beautiful garden, as a stone path flowed through the centre. changbin and i walked up the path and to the door where 4 security guards stood.

"seo changbin." my partner to my right stated. the guards immediately bowed and opened the doors for us. "seo changbin? seo? as in seo industries? seo performing arts university? seo national korean art gallery?" i whispered into changbin's ear, in absolute disbelief that my roommate was the son of one of the most well known and wealthiest families in all of korea. he nodded his head and pressed a finger to his lips, signalling me to shut up. the seo family owned hotels and other companies in japan, china and america.

as we entered a large ballroom looking area, i took in the scent of finger foods being passed around, noticing everybody dressed elegantly and formally. i felt like i was in some kind of disney movie or something. changbin's arm quickly unlinked with mine and quickly snaked behind my back and around my waist, pulling me a bit closer to him. an elderly couple soon approached. "hello my love." the woman hugged my roommate and kissed him on the cheek, leaving a light shade of red lipstick on his cheek. "hello son." the man bowed and changbin bowed in return. "is this the girlfriend you've told me about honey?" the woman walked over to me and held my hand. "hello my name is y/n, it's a pleasure to meet you mrs. seo." i smiled and bowed my head. "oooo changbin, beautiful and manners." she smiled at her son. "it's nice to meet you too love."

i was introduced to changbin's father and i noticed a bit of tension between the two, but i decided not to question it. mrs. seo was a lot nicer than i expected. she asked me about my major and even offered free vip entry into their art galleries after finding out about my art scholarship. i felt odd accepting something so huge from a stranger, but changbin accepted before i could protest. a waiter came to us with a tray of wine glasses. changbin's parents took one for themselves and changbin took one and passed it to me. "i'm driving later." he nodded at the waiter and didn't grab one for himself.

we stayed there for about 4 hours. to be honest i had fun acting like a rich woman, though i was very far from it. changbin opened the passenger door for me and held my hand as i got in. he's being very gentleman like today. i'm not sure if it's just a persona to impress his parents or not though. well, he did do this for me before we even saw his par-. my thoughts were interrupted as changbin suddenly leaned over towards the passenger seat. i tensed up at the sudden lack of space between us. he looked me in the eyes. "seatbelt." he pulled on the seatbelt and locked it in for me as i eased back into my seat. what was that? why is my heart doing backflips right now i thought i was going to go into cardiac arrest just then.

i dozed off for a while in the car until i felt the ride come to a stop. i lifted my head and looked over at changbin. "you did good tonight. thank you. i don't know what you like so.... we're at mcdonald's. sorry for forcing you to come i really thought they would have actual food this time." my mind just focussed on the word mcdonald's. i was so incredibly hungry. "oh thank god. i don't have money on me right now though but i'll pay you back." i said as i began to open the passenger door and get out of the car. "it's fine. it's the least i could do in return for what you did tonight." he insisted. was tonight really that big of a deal? "but the dress.... and the shoes?" i wondered out loud. "don't worry.... consider it a month late housewarming gift." he laughed. there it was. that charming and infectious laugh of his.

here we were.... sitting at mcdonald's at 12 am in formal clothing. we definitely stood out. i ordered my favourite meal and drink after changbin ordered his and we sat at a table and ate together. "your mom is really nice by the way." i pointed out. changbin nodded in agreement and told me that he and his mother were very close while he was growing up.

a small girl around the age of 4 or 5 approached our table. "excuse me miss, are you a princess?" my eyes widened as i swallowed the food in my mouth. "you're wearing a princess dress miss." the girl continued. "you look really pretty." "o-oh thank you." i smiled and thanked with the most polite tone i could pull off. i could hear changbin snickering in the corner. why is a child at mcdonald's at 12 am anyway? "is the prince your boyfriend?" the girl pointed in changbin's direction. "are you guys on a date?" god this kid asks a lot of questions. i looked over at changbin to see his face flushed in a light tint of pink as he tried to avoid eye contact. i laughed and whispered to the small girl, loud enough so changbin could hear. "i'm a princess and this is a stray man i found outside on the street." normalise confusing little kids.

"a man you found on the street huh?" changbin interrogated me as soon as we entered his car. i laughed which caused him to have a sour expression on his face. "well...." he began. "that was some first date huh?" now it was my turn to avoid eye contact while he laughed.