pseudocide

"uhh... you guys might wanna hear this." jeongin spoke up from beside me in the back seat. i sat in the back seat of minho's car with jeongin and hyunjin on either side of me, and minho and jisung in the front. we were on our way back to campus. "what is it?" jisung turned around to face the back, eyes landing on jeongin. jeongin turned his volume up louder and shushed everyone, so we could all hear what was coming from his phone.

"lead director and ceo of seo industries, the original mr. seo himself, has been arrested with fraud as he committed a count of pseudocide. the male in his mid 60's had faked his own death, claiming the cause of death was a terminal illness, which was not the case."

my heart dropped. i felt sick to my stomach after hearing that. but it still had to continue.

"it is said that the future seo industries heir and son of the director, seo changbin,  had turned his father in, exposing him after finding out. in his statement, he stated that he hired a private investigator upon suspicion of stolen money, which led to the whereabouts of his father, director seo."

"what.... the.... FUCK?! OH MY GOD THAT'S SO MESSED UP! OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO PASS OUT!" hyunjin abruptly screamed and pretended to faint against the car window.

i was shocked to say the least. too shocked to muster up any words.

"y/n are you okay?" minho made eye contact with me through his rear view mirror as he drove. i nodded in response.

the news reporter kept going, explaining more and going into detail about the situation with changbin and his family.

"so you're telling me that changbin had to leave out of nowhere because his father was sick and he needed to inherit the foundation. he had no choice but to go there. but his father wasn't actually sick. he was faking it and used his mother and payed security to help cover it up, all because he didn't want to be apart of it anymore? that's a messed up thing to do to your own son. now that every knows his parents are frauds, say goodbye to seo industries." jisung spoke from the front seat in almost disbelief.

the rest of the ride home was silent, everybody trying to process what they had just heard. all i could think right now was 'poor changbin'. so this is why he left. the news reporter also mentioned that changbin would inherit the business still, but he claimed that he would be taking control over it, and not doing what his parents expect him to do. i felt proud that he had taken control of his life and built up the courage to expose his own father. it must've been hard.

i walked through my dorm room, jisung walking with me. "it's okay you can go. i'm fine." i smiled and pat his shoulder. he nodded and hugged me, which was rare. then he left out the door for his own room.

after this unexpectedly crazy night, i could use some sleep. i cleaned myself up, swapping my clothes for comfortable ones and went to lay in my bed. i scrolled through my phone, which i hadn't done in a while. there were dozens of posts made about the changbin situation. i didn't read too much into it, knowing that people would most likely start rumours too. i then went onto our chat. i looked at the the last message i sent him.

'hi binnie. remember that guy that tried to kiss me on our couch? yeah well he invited me to a party being held tomorrow night in his dorm and told me i could bring my friends. wanna go? <3'

the little red disclaimer underneath the message had disappeared, which meant it had delivered. i'm not sure when it delivered though, but there was no reply anyways. i pushed back any negative thoughts i was having and switched off my phone, laying it on my bedside table. the feeling of unconsciousness took over me as my slumber had arrived, consuming me into a deep sleep.