hired

i woke up in a comfortable heat, in a comfortable position, hugging my comfortable pillow. then i felt my pillow move. my eyelids slowly lifted from their tired state and i stretched out my legs. as i came to the realisation that i slept with changbin last night, i also realised my arm weighing loosely around said male's torso while his muscular arm hung over my own, his hand grasping gently on my back. my face was tucked snuggly in the crook of his neck and his chin rested atop of my head. we fell asleep on two completely different sides of the bed and somehow we're so close that i can feel his chest rising each time he breathes out.

i slowly tried to move as it also became known that my bladder was about to explode. "nooo 5 more minutes." i heard a raspy grumble from above as the arm that is hanging over me began to tighten its grip. "changbin." i whispered, careful not to startle him from whatever daze he was in. "i will pee myself if you don't let me go." with that, he grunted and lifted his arm up to allow me to retreat. "you better come back." he deliriously fake pouted as he watched me crawl out of the bet, half lidded. once i had exited the bathroom i peered into the bedroom and noticed changbin had fallen back asleep. he looks so peaceful and i didn't want to wake him, so i fled to the kitchen.

"wake up dumbass!" my voice boomed through my bedroom as i placed a glass of orange juice and an ibuprofen on my bedside table and lifted the blinds, revealing the mid morning sunshine. "ughhh fuck off." my brother mumbled through my pillows. i stripped the blanket off of him and forced him up. after he swallowed the pain relieving pill, we made our way into the kitchen to make something to eat.

"where'd you sleep last night?" my brother wondered aloud, taking a large bite out of peanut butter toast. as i was about to answer with 'the couch', the other bedroom door swung open. "in my bed." the raspy morning voice from the doorway greeted. oh no. "oh and you took the couch? aww binnie that's so nice of you." my brother pinched my roommates cheeks as soon as they were in arms length. "no i slept there too." oh shit. he just said that like it was nothing. "EWW I DIDN'T NEED TO KNOW THAT." jisung fake gagged and pushed the plate of toast lightly for a dramatic effect. i threw my arms up and shook them around in defence. "no. no. no. it wasn't like that. nothing happened i promise. oh my god." i could feel my face heating up. knowing my brother, he will go around and tell his whole friend group, which also happens to be my friend group.

after jisung ate and left, i cleaned up around the kitchen while changbin was making his breakfast. "you didn't come back." he broke the silence suddenly. i'm surprised he even remembered that. "you were fast asleep once i was finished and i didn't want to wake you." i defended, continuing my cleaning. changbin let out a "hmph" before moving around to the other side of the kitchen counter and taking a seat at the bar stool to eat, opposite where i was cleaning. "did you eat?" he asked. i shook my head in response. next thing i know, a piece of toast is shoved in my mouth as soon as i opened it. i looked up to meet the gaze of a smiling, happy looking changbin.

"uh changbin..." i called out as i checked the time on my phone. "yeah?" "TODAY IS MONDAY WE HAVE ART IN 5 MINUTES!" i continued yelling as i quickly paced around the rooms of the dorm, changbin following in suit. we left out the door, just freshly dressed and barely woken up and made our way to our class. he sat next to me where i usually like to sit every class and luckily, we made it just before the professor walked in the room.

"i'm thinking of looking for a job." i stated to my best friend. i was currently in jisung's dorm room with jeongin and seungmin. "yeah? doing what?" jeongin snorted out, as if implying that i am incapable of working. "i saw a cafe that's like a 3 minute walk from campus. they had a hiring sign hung up on it, maybe you should go check it out." seungmin suggested with a smile. after taking it into consideration, i decided to touch up my resume on my brother's laptop and print it out.

"good afternoon, my name is y/n. i was wondering if you're still hiring?" the elderly lady from behind the counter smiled at me. "you're hired!" she exclaimed. what? not even an interview? as if she could read my mind, "nobody has come in to apply and i'm a bit understaffed now." she frowned and dropped her head slightly. i felt terrible for her, i mean seeing elderly people sad just makes everyone else sad for them. "when do i start?" i cheered, lightening the mood. i filled in the lady with my availability hours and she sent me off, telling me i start on wednesday, which works out well for me considering i have no classes on wednesdays.

i went back to my dorm and it was as normal as ever. me and my dorm mate made small talk before he went to the gym a bit later than usual, as if completely forgetting that we just slept together last night and went on a date yesterday. we were talking as..... friends? maybe that's all he thinks of me now. maybe i'm an ugly sleeper and now he doesn't like me. i decided nit to read too much into it as i sunk my body in my bed and let sleep take over my body.