date

"what do you say we make this an official first date?" i knew he wasn't asking me. he was telling me that i pretty much have no choice. i mean, i don't mind going on a date with a handsome millionaire but don't you think he's a bit pushy? "well if you insist." i sarcastically retort and push myself off the bench. "what are we gonna do though?" "you can leave that up to me." leave it up to him? now, if i didn't have trust issues i wouldn't be so anxious about his sudden control over our activities. it couldn't be that bad right? worst case scenario is that we will die, but when does that ever happen on a first date?

"how am i supposed to dress?" i walk out of my room about an hour after my roommate asked (forced) me on a date. "hmmm... warm." gee thanks for nothing i guess. "be ready by 5." he finished.

considering this guy is rich and was raised in a classy family, i decided to go with something semi formal and casual. something that makes me look neat. but on the other hand, changbin is always walking around in clothing that hangs rather loosely off his skin, covering his whole image from head to toe in black. i hope i'm not overdressed... or underdressed. i'm standing in front of my mirror dressed in black straight leg dressy pants, a tan ribbed turtle neck, a tan teddy coat (they're like those big fluffy kind of jacket things) and my doc martens.

"get your ass out we have places to be sweetheart." an angry voice yelled outside my bedroom door along with a knock. i opened the door harshly to reveal a stunned changbin, probably not expecting me to be right next to the door while he was yelling. he stared me up and down, his mouth agape.

"shit it took you long enough. let's go." he motioned his hand for me to follow behind him as he walked off. i put in effort to look good and i don't even get a compliment? pfft.

we're sitting in the car, not saying a word. is he mad at me or something? i turn to look at him and i nearly died in my seat. he's concentrated on the road, wearing a similar outfit to me with black straight pants, a tan, thick looking jumper and doc martens. "we look the same. look we're wearing the same shoes." i pointed towards his foot on the accelerator and down to mine in order to break the awkward tension. he nodded and didn't even bother looking. i awkwardly coughed, pretending to clear my throat and leaned back into my seat as i now suddenly felt awkward and anxious.

we have been in the car for about 30 minutes now. where is he taking me that's so far out? "okay listen mister 'i'm so mysterious and emo', you were sucking up my face about 3 hours ago and now you're completely ignoring my existence. we've been driving for half an hour and it's getting late and now i think you're going to drive me off a ledge or something." i breathe out in frustration. his stare still remained on the road. "oh my GOD." i loudly sighed out and slumped back into the seat. this guy is hopeless, is he bipolar or something?

"sorry." a quiet mumble was heard from my side. i turned to face the hushed apology, waiting for more to be said. "i'm nervous." my roommate breathed out. huh? "nervous?" i chuckled out. "why?" he began, "as i'm sure you can tell, i don't like people or talking to them, so i don't take girls out. usually they just come to me and we- yeah that's a story for another time." changbin confessed. he's nervous because he's taking me out? he doesn't take girls out? but he's literally god in human form so how? i had a lot of questions running through my head. the question that came out of my mouth was "how? you're hot." before i could even shut myself up. my handsome roommate in the drivers seat looked over at me, then chuckled and dropped his head before focussing back on the road. "i'm glad you think so."

"woah. it's beautiful." i beamed at the inside of a mainly cream coloured building, flushed with a rainbow of colours that are portrayed through the multiple paintings, ceramics and sculptures presented around the room. i walked through the large space of the building, not caring about what changbin was doing behind me, but instead taking in the scene. "this is your parents right?" i asked my date, referring to the gallery itself. he hummed in agreement. "why is no one here? it's just us." i turned my head towards him. "i rented it." huh? "you.....what?" "i rented it." he strode towards me, closing the few metre gap between us.

he stood next to me, facing the painting i was looking at before. i stared right at changbin's side profile as he examined the piece. "thank you." i smiled. he turned his head to face me as a genuine smile flashed on his face. it was almost like he didn't know what to do or what to say in this situation, so i lunged my arm forward and grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers. i pulled him along as i walked through the massive centre, admiring all of the art sprayed around the room. little did i know, while i was admiring the view of talent, changbin was admiring a different view.