pancakes

my eyes slowly lifted. i took in the appearance of my dark room and sat myself up. today was different. today i felt a sense of composure or relief. i threw my legs off the ledge of my bed and walked myself into the bathroom to complete a well needed skincare routine.

the countless amount of skin creams and serums only took me about 5 minutes to apply. i waltzed out the bathroom and made my way to my bedroom door. i smelt food. hmmmm.... pancakes? jeongin must be here again. i smiled to myself, ready to greet my best friend.

"jeon- you....you're not jeongin." my heart dropped.

it was him.

him.

seo changbin.

his head snapped back to where my voice came from. there he stood, flipping pancakes at the stove. he dropped the spatula and jolted towards me without a second thought. he embraced my  body into a bone crushing hug, the feeling i have missed for the past 5 months. "y/n...." he sniffled. i could hear the crack of pain in his voice as he dug his head into the crook of my neck. "i'm so sorry." he continued, pinning my arms down by my side as he didn't allow me to move.

"changbin....i- i cant breathe." and with that, he let go and held onto my arms tightly, staring at my face like a doctor examining a patient for any wounds. i didn't know what to say in that moment. i couldn't even think of anything to say in that moment. instead, i grabbed his face and aggressively launched a kiss onto his lips. "i missed you." we both breathed out in synchronisation.

"what's all this for?" i asked as changbin pulled out a bar stool for me to sit on. he walked over to where the pancakes were and plated them up, adding syrup. he gently placed the plate of sweet breakfast in front of me. "i promised you that when i came back i would make you breakfast for the rest of your life." he stated as he made his way around the kitchen counter to sit next to me. the letter. he remembers what he wrote in the letter. "thank you...." i began. "for keeping your promise.... and for coming back."

we caught up on a lot. i told him that i heard about what happened and he was upset that i had to hear it from the news instead of from him. i assured him it was alright and that i was doing okay, even if i wasn't. he doesn't have to know that i was moping around crying all day every day.

"knock knock i'm coming in!" i heard a voice from behind the dorm door. he didn't even knock, he just barged in with his spare key. jisung. "uh....CHANGBIN?" his jaw dropped to the floor. he ran up and jumped on my roommate, tackling him to the ground and letting out fake sobs. "i missed you so much. how could you leave me? how could you leave me here with my psycho of a sister? she was so depressed without you here all she did was cry." great. he just exposed what i was trying to hide.

after a scolding from changbin and me kicking jisung out of my dorm, changbin and i sat together on the couch. we didn't speak, we just lay together, appreciating each other's presence and making up for the absence. "please don't leave again." i broke the silence. "i won't. i promise this time. and if i do, you're coming with me." he assured me and i smiled a smile of relief and pure happiness.

i didn't even realise that i had fallen asleep, along with changbin on the couch. that was until he violently flinched, sending shocking jolts through my body. "oh my god i nearly went into cardiac arrest." i held onto the right side of my chest and breathed heavily. "y/n. i am going to take you somewhere." the tired male told me. "where?" i pondered. "surprise." he smirked mischievously, getting up and handing me a familiar, fancy looking bag. i took it, raising an eyebrow of curiosity. "you'll see." he told me and smiled, pushing me into my bedroom and closing the door.