Chapter 14

The stars twinkled brightly throughout the clear night sky. There was nothing but silence and the occasional humming of a car's engine passing through the desolate streets of the city. A myriad of glowing lights from the lamps and buildings lit the metropolis with vibrant colors.

"How unusual of you to be at a place like this. And at this time of the night."

"But it's actually early morning. Isn't it?" Gojo replied wittily but never making eye contact with the person who had just appeared beside him.

"Always so technical. It's been awhile—" the man smiled as he turned to face the white-haired sorcerer, "—Satoru."

"I see you still have that ungodly man-bun of yours." Gojo teased as he too met the mans gaze.

"After years of not meeting..." the man shook his head, "...that's all you have to say to me? Why am I  not surprised?"

It must have been about 5 in the morning. Gojo and his long-time friend were currently standing on top a pillar of the Rainbow Bridge in Odaiba.

"How did you find me?"

"I wasn't trying to find you. I just happened to be passing through the area." The man said while brushing away the strand of hair which was dangling in front of his face, "There's only ever one jujutsu sorcerer that could emit that much cursed energy."

"D'awww!~" Gojo cooed whilst taking great pleasure in his friends compliment.

"Don't flatter yourself." The man huffed, "The better question is, why are you up here?"

"Do you know the perfect spot?" Gojo asked, "Where you can enjoy the lights from the bridge and the city?"

"I think you've already found it." The man nodded his head towards the ground gesturing that it was the spot they were currently standing, "Why?"

"None of your business."

"Perhaps..." the man arched a brow and smirked with much curiosity, "...a girl?"

There was a faint smile on Gojo's face. He brought the palm of his hand out in front of him and ran his thumb across it, the hand that you were holding just several hours ago. It made him think about all the things that could possibly ensue in the near future.

"No. Definitely not a girl." Gojo didn't want to address you as a girl. With the curves you were packing, you were definitely a woman. He also didn't want to admit anything to the man.

"Who've you become?" The man snorted, clearly seeing through Gojo's lie, "I guess people do change."

The man recalled the arrogant and condescending Gojo Satoru he once knew. Seeing the white-haired sorcerer scouting for an area to take a girl seemed extremely bizarre and untraditional. But he too himself has changed. He gave up being a sorcerer many years ago due to personal reasons.

"Change is inevitable." Gojo grinned, "I only grow stronger after all."

"Oh, please." the man scoffed while shaking his head, "I see you've still got that big head of yours."

"A big brain needs a big head to house it."

The man narrowed his eyes at Gojo before he let out a short laugh, "Lets hope this girl can knock some sense into you."

Gojo hummed enthusiastically before making his suggestive remark, "I'm sure she'll knock a lot of things."

"She, will?" The man threw his friend a side-eye, "That's a future tense. Don't tell me Gojo Satoru has lost his touch with women."