Haddock's camping

The vast thick forest on the island was majestic. In the distance you could hear a water fall and the mountains were tall enough to be worth a climb, but they wouldn't take all day. The trees were a beautiful mix of pine with some fruit trees mixed in. The bushes were beautiful and lush so it seemed like this place had never been touched by Vikings or even dragons in centuries.

"Wow this place is beautiful dad," Hiccup comments before looking at his map and frowning. "But why isn't it on my map?" Hiccup asks. Stoic shrugs and said. "I found it after getting lost on my way to you. I asked around, but no one really mentioned it so it's probably newly formed," Stoic shrugs.

"If you asked around about it wouldn't people check it out for themselves to see what it could offer?" Nya asks looking around suspiciously. Stoic just shrugs and dismounted from Skull crusher. "Well I thought it was the perfect place for some good old camping so let's go find a good spot," Stoic says before turning to Kai and Nya. "And no using your ninja magic or whatever you call it," Kai nodded while Nya just rolls her eyes and nodded.

They start on their hike into the forest with Skull crusher, Toothless, and Flame following. Ember was perched on Kai's shoulder occasionally flying off to sniff something and was always called back by her mother before she wondered too far off. Hiccup looks at Nya and saw how she was being quiet and thought to start a conversation.

"So Nya? Why don't you have a dragon?" Hiccup asks and immediately Kai makes a gesture to shut up, but it was too late. "Sensei Wu decided I'm too delicate for a dragon so I don't get one," Nya growls and Kai sighs. "Nya you know the rules, only the elements of creation get dragons you need to unlock your own spirit dragon," Kai explains like he's gone over this a hundred times. "I've tried, but I can't,"Nya argues back. "You nearly drowned me looking for the spirit dragon and that was before you became a actual master of water," Kai snaps and Stoic pauses with a protective look and a scowl at Nya. "What did you say?"

"I had control okay? You shouldn't have even been by the creek in the first place!" Nya insists. "The only reason I didn't drown was because Zane froze a ice wall so I didn't go down stream," Kai said. "Lloyd got to practice cpr," Nya defends. "I didn't even need cpr," Kai defends. "That is not what I remember you telling Cole, Zane, and Jay," Nya said with a mischievous smile and Kai blushes before just muttering curses under his breath in Ninjagian.

Hiccup watched this back and forth with interest. "I definitely want to hear more stories like this," he said. "More stories about Kai almost dying? I got plenty since he's a dumbass. First one," Nya began. "Nya! Please don't list every time you think I did something stupid," Kai pleads with her. "You made, and lost, a bet with a eleven year old that you could fly Flame blindfolded," Nya said with a raised eyebrow.

Said dragon gave a low roar and covered her eyes with her claws clearly embarrassed by her master. "Okay for starters Lloyd is 16," "mentally 11," "and I would have won the bet if Flame watched where she was going," Kai looked at the dragon in question who swatted him with her tail for blaming her of him being a idiot knocking him over in turn knocking him on his back.

Hiccup and Nya giggled at him as he got up brushing himself off. "Traitor," he mutters to his dragon. "That was dim of you son," Stoic agrees before looking at Nya. "And I would think a lassie like you would have more sense than going after a child's dream lizard," he said.

Nya's eyes hardened and she stepped forward. "A girl like me? I'll," Nya began to threaten, but Kai held her back by the elbow and hurriedly whispered in her ear the other two Haddock's did not catch before she settled with a huff and walked ahead.

"Is she okay?" Hiccup asks. "She gets defensive when people belittle her," Kai answers and clearly didn't want to elaborate which Hiccup respected, their father on the other hand.