8. Disaster befell such good news

atenuation

Molly!". They all gaped.
Joel said handing her to her father ",She has been sick since the afternoon,but said shell be fine ,but now she became worse. I had to bring her here before the hail hits. I have to get the doctor quickly. " he said quickly moving to the door .
"No ! It's too dangerous !". Mr King said. Joel snapped ",I have to at least try. Look at her. She is suffering. I will be back. And no one must follow me". He then left.
"Bring her here". Dariah said . They placed her near the fireplace ,putting a thick blanket on top of the mat. Opening her up ,she saw she was pale ,and clammy. Checking her temperature ,she was burning. "She' s running a fever." but she had a inkling suspicion that something else had occurred,but dared not say it.

Joel reached the doctors house.knocking frantically ,the old an opened. He said hurriedly",I am sorry to bother you ,but my wife is very sick , I need your help . I can pay you all the money you want ,but please help me." his voice ,pure desperation. The doctor could see the lad had suffered a lot. He even had a trail of blood from his head. He went inside . Wore his clothes and a Woolen jacket with a fur. His kit in hand ,he bit his wife and kids bye . Then they got on the horse and Joel rode like the devil's tail on fire. The doctor was astounded. The hail was bout about to hit any minute.

Mr king was most anxious. What would be tell Molly should her husband not return. They then heard a horse. Logan and Mr King hurried to the door. Elizabeth and Dariah tended to Molly . Hugh was distracting Tracy in the room . Opening the door. The doctor entered.
",Where is Joel ?". Mr King asked. "Putting the horse in the shed". And as he spoke a violent wind hit. The hail had begun. Even the strongest man would die from such. Everyone was anxious. The house seemed as though a ship in rough seas. Then astonishingly someone knocked not even hurriedly. Opening the door. Joel entered. His face pink and full of frost bites. He closed the door. Taking odd his frozen jacket ,and shoes and jersey me remained with a shirt ,then used a hand to remove the ice from his hair and face. Then he said seeing everyone look at him in shock ",Where is my wife?". Then the doctor went on to check on Molly. He frowned a bit. Joel frowned as well.
After the check up the doctor said ",She is indeed sick. Her fever is elevated by the cold. Mr Strauss can you tell me what she has been doing these past few days?". He asked.

Joel said ",She has done what she always does ,clean the house then eat. She has been eating a lot less actually . Which has been troubling me. "
The Doctor then said bluntly", Has she been less or more active in bedroom matters?".he asked. Everyone froze. Joel had no change of expression ",Pass". He directly said.
The doctor then said seeing his impatient look. "Well she has a fever ,but it is due to her constitution. She is pregnant now. So she should avoid certain foods ,activities especially in the first three months." He smiled. Everyone froze thunder struck miraculously.Joel's eyes actually widened, then he looked at his wife. Seeing her pale self and furrowed brows he asked " ,Is there anything we can we do to reduce her pain ". He asked instead. The doctor laughed ",You don't even ask how long she is pregnant".
Joel said without hesitation ",My wife is more important." It was a crude answer to say the child is not as important as Molly .
"She is fine. She just needs rest and more nutritious foods. The baby is a bit weak ,that is my primary concern. She is at least a month and half month pregnant but the child is not strong". The doctor said.
Joel smiled ",It's not possible for a zhen to be weak. The child will be fine. Just make sure she is okay please".
The doctor nodded at his confidence in his child. Making an elixir they gave Molly then she broke her fever after a while. It was deep into the night that Molly was finally moved back to her and Tracy's room. Joel said ",I shall take you home now". He said . The doctor said Sternly ",First let me see your injuries".

"Injuries ?". It was then that Dariah saw the bloody gash matting his hair. ", What happened ?". She asked worriedly and led him to a chair. This feeling of warmth made him calm disn. He said softly ",When I saw her condition worsening ,I hurried here . I was a bit muddle headed ,then the wagon slipped. I let go of the reigns and went to the wagon to protect Molly from the impact. She might not survive it. The wagon is broken ,but I am glad she has no wounds."he smiled.