10. The Meeting

It's Tuesday and it's the day of the meeting with Betty Smith. I'm a little nervous, but I think it'll go well. I mean, Julie killed it! So I'm confident that I will too.

Julie comes into the studio and takes off my beanie and puts it on. She then ruffles my hair and kisses my cheek. I look at her and kiss her forehead.

She looks at the songbook in my hands and flips through the pages until she finds the song that I sang to her. She smiles and quickly looks at me and then back at the page. I start singing it and she joins in too. I put my arm around her shoulders and hugged her tightly with one arm.

"I should probably get the boys up and ready for the meeting today." I said.

"Yeah, probably." She said, I think she was a little disappointed. But I had to go, it was important.

I walked up to my room and threw on my Rush shirt and my black ripped jeans. And put on my grey beanie since Julie stole my orange one. And of course, my classic black vans with the signature white stripe.

I walked across to the boys' room and shook them awake. It took a moment but I did it. They put on their clothes and we all walk downstairs. And we grab a quick bagel from the kitchen and spread some cream cheese on them and gobble them down.

We walk out and head to the studio and we see a familiar black car pull in. I wave and open the door for her. She walks in and sits down on one of the stools on the side of the room.

"Hello boys, you probably already know who I am, but, I'm Betty Smith, your new manager." She held out her hand to me, I shook it, and she did the same for Alex, then Reggie.

"Would you mind answering some questions?" She asks.

"Sure." We all say in unison.

"Will you guys be able to make Instagram accounts for fans?" She asks.

"Yes of course." I say kinda confused what instachat is but whatever, Julie will know.

"Oh, I forgot about ages. How old are you all?" She asks.

"Us boys are 17 and Julie is 16." I say.

She scribbles in her little notebook clipped to her clipboard.

Skip to end of meeting...

"Nice to meet you boys!" She yells as she walks out the huge, studio doors.

"Nice to meet you too!" Alex yells back.

"You guys! We killed that!" I screamed.

"I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!!!!" Julie yells while jumping onto me, I am almost knocked over, luckily there was a wall behind me. She kissed me, and I set her down, not wanting to let go of her. She pulled away and so did I.

"Thanks" I say softly. And take her hand and intertwine our fingers.

"Hey, did I tell you that you look beautiful yet today?" I ask.

"Hmm, I don't think so." She replies with a smile and tapping her temple.

"Well, you do." I say.

"What? I didn't hear you." She says.

I roll my eyes and give her a smirk.

"I said... you look beautiful." I say a little louder.

God, this girl really tears down my walls. I literally can't be cool around her. I always gotta be dorky around her. Hey, what can I say, she brings out the little kid in me.

"Well, thanks Patterson, you don't look too bad yourself." She giggles.

At this point Alex and Reggie are gone. I have no idea when they left, but I'm kinda happy because it gives me and Julie our time to ourselves.

I lay down on my couch and spread my arms out and Julie jumps into them. I wrap my arms around her and she buries her head into my chest. I kiss her head and slowly drift off to sleep.

I get out of bed and walk out the doors of the Molina household and see flashing lights and I hear sirens. I run after them and the officer rolls down the window. "What happened?!" I yelled over the sirens.

"I'm afraid we've got called to an accident, at the Molina house. We have a teenage girl in an ambulance and a pre-teen boy that is traumatized."

I fall down on my knees and put my hands on my face and start to cry loudly.

"Ahh!" I yell.

"What?!" Julie sits up immediately.

I am breathing heavy and my eyes are wide and I'm sweating really bad.

"Oh good, you're still here, it was just a dream." I say mumbling random words.

"Luke, did you have a nightmare?" Julie asks with worried eyes.

"Yeah..." I say.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" She asks.

"Yeah..." I repeat.