25. Shopping With Juke

Luke's POV...

I wake up after a long night of fireworks and partying. Julie is passed out next to me. I know not to wake her up after a long night like that so I just decide to kiss her on the head and head down to the kitchen.

I start to make waffles and then I hear footsteps.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." I say as she slowly makes her way out to the kitchen next to me.

"Ughh, mmm." She mumbles out. I can tell she is still very tired.

"Go ahead and sit down and I'll bring you breakfast in a minute." I say with a smile.

"Mmmokay..."

I chuckle and finish the waffles.

"Here you go, babe." I say, setting down her plate and orange juice.

"Thanks..." She says sleepily.

We eat and after a half an hour she finally wakes up all the way.

We've been talking about getting a dog for a while now and I think today's the day.

"Hey, do you wanna go dog shopping today? It could be fun." She asks.

"Totally!" I shout.

We get ready and head to the shelter. We'd rather save older dogs than buy a puppy. Because who knows what the dogs at the shelter have been through. We know we'll give one a loving home.

20 minutes later we arrive at the shelter. There are many different kinds of dogs. We are looking for either a heeler or a beagle. We know they are dogs that like to be outside and hunt and stuff. But it works because we have a huge backyard. And believe it or not, I went hunting with my dad all the time when I was younger. We are actually gonna start hunting again soon.

Julie sees a heeler/beagle mix. What are the odds of that?!

"Hey, Luke, come here! It's the ones we want combined!" She yells.

"Oh my god! What are the chances!" I say, trying to keep quiet.

"I think we have to take her." I say.

Julie nods and smiles a smile bigger than ever.

I walk to the desk in the entrance area and ask her the dog we want. The girl at the desk nods and walks over to the kennel and gives us a leash.

The cost of the dog was a very low price. I was thankful for that because we are still trying to get me a vehicle.

"What do you want to name it?" She asks.

"She looks like a Nova." I say.

"Nova it is!" Julie looks genuinely happy with our new dog.

I decide to post a picture of her on Instagram.

We already have the food, bedding, and treats/toys

We already have the food, bedding, and treats/toys. Now all we needed to do is bring her home.

We get back to the house and let her sniff around and explore her new forever home. Next we brought her to the backyard and let her roam around. We just sat on the patio and watched her play around.

"Nova! Come here, girl!" Julie yells. We are trying to get her used to her new name.

*nothing*

"Nova! Come to me!" I shout while patting my knees.

*nothing*

This time we both say it together.

"Nova! Over here, girl!" We both yell.

Nova finally runs up to us and we pet her and give her a treat.

"Good girl, Nova." Julie says.

I keep petting her and stuff to keep praising her that she did the right thing.

It's lunch time, so we go inside and eat our lunch. Nova tries to steal our plates from the table by pawing at them. Julie and I say "no" strictly a few times, telling her that she did the wrong thing. Hopefully she doesn't do that often.

Beagles are very nosy though. So her, being part beagle will be tough, but we'll teach her.

A couple hours pass by and Julie and I decide to watch a movie. We pick out "Casper", because why not?

It got pretty late after we finished the movie so we decide to go to bed. We set up Nova's blanket at the end of our bed. She lays down on it and falls right asleep.

"That's a good sign." I say.

"Yep, I'm glad we picked her, she's a good dog." Julie replies back.

"Me too."

I give Julie a quick kiss and then lay my head on the pillow and fall asleep in a matter of minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sneak peak for chapter 26
"This can't be happening!"

"It'll be okay, we'll get through this."

"Thank you, Flynn."

"No problem, now let's get you some rest."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Juke fur baby!!!!! Nova is cute isn't she? See ya in the next chapter!

Liz <3