2 - CUTE

kawa says: aliens made the pyramids!!

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

HE HAD WILLINGLY OFFERED TO SHOW THE NEW GIRL AROUND. It may have sounded like him if he was Oikawa. Which he, fortunately, wasn't.

As he previously said, Iwaizumi didn't really show interest in people and mostly focused on sports and studies. So it was not only a shock to her and the people around, but to him as well. Why did he say that? Well, if she accepted, he couldn't back down from his own offer, that's just plain stupid.

All he could hope was that she would say no politely so he could have more free time for-

"You'd really do that?! Thank you, upperclassman!"

Ah well. There goes that idea. But it couldn't hurt to show a foreigner girl around, right?

-

The answer was it could hurt, definitely hurt. Not only was she oblivious to everyone around her, but he also had to explain in more detail than he expected. The whole time she was making silent remarks at everything (and everyone) around her. It was stressful. Very stressful.

As annoying as it was, she wasn't intentionally being like that. She was just curious, very curious. It was like teaching a child. Kind of...cute.

"I-I apologise if I'm being annoying," she suddenly said, the smile she once had on her face was now twisted into a frown. She was looking down as if she just got told off.

Iwaizumi felt guilt wash over him. He didn't realise how irritated he looked. "No, no, it's fine. I was just um- thinking about an upcoming test." What a horrible excuse. How could anyone believe-

"Ah, okay! I wish you the best of luck!"

I stand corrected. Well, on the bright side, she was now smiling again, which made the older boy feel better about himself. He felt himself smile too. Maybe she wasn't so bad, just a bit oblivious. From then on, he felt as if he was actually enjoying himself, her now starting some small talk which led to full-on conversations.

"Ah, I forgot to tell you! My name is L/N Y/N! What is yours?" She was polite, much politer than a lot of people he met. It was refreshing. She outstretched her hand.

"Iwaizumi Hajime." He replied nonchalantly. He shook her hand, making her send him a closed eye smile.

She was obviously much more comfortable around him now, as she wasn't so slumped down and looked genuinely happy. He felt like the day couldn't be brought down now, he was happy to be around the new girl. Maybe she and he could be friends.

•|•|•

Until they got to the gym, where his team was practising. Iwaizumi sweat-dropped. Now he remembered where he was walking when he bumped into her, he was heading to practice. Did he really forget about the one thing he was looking forward to, just because he was around her?

What kind of effect was this?

"I swear to god if he doesn't show up in the next 5 minutes-" He heard Oikawa say, his back facing the front entrance where Iwaizumi and the foreigner girl stood. The pretty boy rambled on about how he would make his friend run laps, then started to break down and cry comically.

"Who's he?" He heard L/N whisper, looking up at him. Iwaizumi let out a heavy sigh and sent her a strained smile.

"The most annoying, overdramatic, shitty boy you'll ever meet."

"IWA-CHAN? IS THAT YOU?"

"He's also really clingy." Just as he said that, Oikawa rushed over to him with a now angelic, bright smile and bounced around him. He then frowned and looked him in the eye.

"Why did you skip so much practice?! You've never skipped practice before! I ought to make you run-" Oikawa got cut off by Iwaizumi hitting him on the head, gritting his teeth.

"Don't act as if you've never skipped because one of your little girlfriends told you to!"

"I never said I didn't!" He cried out, holding his head in pain. "But you've never- Huh? Who's-" Oikawa looked towards the girl.

"Ugh, Iwa-chan I told you not to let any fans into the gym-" The pretty boy groaned, but got stopped quickly.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" It was L/N who cut him off, bet he didn't see that coming. She had on a sweet smile.

Oikawa went visibly pale. "What?!" Iwaizumi felt the urge to smile and pat her head, almost proud of her.

Almost instantly, the girl thought she did something wrong from his reaction and shrieked. She bowed down at another perfect 90° angle, squeezing her eyes shut. "I-I'm sorry!"

Iwaizumi hit his friend again, now fuming. "Your stupid reaction made her think she did something wrong!" Oikawa, now whining in pain again lifted the girl's chin.

She was visibly shaking, almost on the verge of tears from what you could see.

"You didn't do anything wrong, I just thought everybody knew me, the great Oi-"

"I WAS SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOU?! I'M SORRY!"

"Idiot!" Iwaizumi hit him for the third time.

"No no no no! It's okay! I was just eh- shocked!" Oikawa said, sweatdropping and going pale. L/N sighed in relief, now smiling.

"Oh! Er- sorry..."

How annoying. Iwaizumi got a strange sort of protectiveness over the girl since she seemed so naive and nervous.

Or maybe it was because he found her cute.