9 - POPCORN HEART (you popped it)

kawa says: emos are cool u guys r just annoying

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

POPCORN WAS POPPING IN THE MICROWAVE. Iwaizumi had set it up per L/N's request for the movie. After it had finished completely, he took it out and poured it into a large bowl. L/N, however, had started to run down the stairs, smiling.

She had only taken a couple of minutes to set it up, refusing to tell Iwaizumi what it was or what genre. He honestly didn't mind, as long as he was watching it with her.

"C'mon, it's about to start! I hope you made the popcorn!" She laughed, grabbing his wrist and pulling him up the stairs. He carefully made sure the food wouldn't spill as they rushed up.

She pulled her door open, and leaned on her bed, him cautiously taking a seat next to her. She was laying back, as the movie started to play. It was an action movie that also had a bit of comedy in it. Contrary to popular belief, L/N enjoyed those kinds of movies, opposed to her personality which was meek and quiet.

Iwaizumi was torn. He was obviously flustered; he had never been in a girl's room before, and he didn't know what to do. What if he made her uncomfortable? Or if she was weirded out by how he was acting? He didn't want to scare her.

L/N, however, noticed how tense he seemed, lightly grabbed his arm, and pulled him back, so he was lying next to her. The boy's face went a bright red as she started to giggle, smiling both to herself and him.

"You can make yourself comfortable, I don't mind. I swear, do whatever." She looked over at him, turning over so she was facing him.

His mouth felt dry. With words trapped in his throat, he couldn't speak and simply nodded in response. It was the only thing he could do. He felt as if he was malfunctioning. Why was he so flustered?

See, the girl may have looked calm and collected at that moment, but in her head...it was the opposite. She felt a trickle of sweat bead down her face in pure nervousness. Even her oversized clothes were a bit tight on him, and so they clung to his body perfectly. Whenever he reached up, it slid up a little, showing off his stomach.

brooo 😯 i don't remember writing that

So she was sitting there, her face basically on fire while he was also sitting there, about to explode from the nerves he was getting.

Two awkward, sort of shy people. How sweet. Both of them were too scared to make a move but would've been confident enough to continue.

Iwaizumi looked over to L/N. She was focused on the movie, clutching a pillow next to her with a bright look. Her eyes were on the screen, following the actions of the main character, her lips trailing in a small smile. She looked so...nice.

Iwaizumi looked over at her clothed shoulders, then at his arm. With shaky, uneven breaths, he lifted his arm, and slowly wrapped it around her shoulders, carefully to see if she would jerk away or anything like that.

But she didn't.

So he rested his arm around her, making her lean in, and rest her head on his shoulder. At this point, they were basically cuddling. The male's face felt as if it was on fire by how hot it was getting, his palms growing slightly sweaty. He wiped them on his pants, then looked over at her hand which was conveniently close to his.

He sucked in a deep breath. He was in too deep, there was no going back now. Iwaizumi reached his hand over and grabbed L/N's holding onto it not too tightly, not too loose either. She felt the tips of her ears heat up, as she looked over to him.

She gave him a questioning look, then murmured. "Something isn't right..."

Iwaizumi started to panic internally. Was she uncomfortable? Did he screw up? What if he ruined his entire relationship with her?! He didn't want that! What if his hands were too sweaty and gross?!

However, discarding his worries and as if she could read his mind, L/N interlaced her fingers with his, opposed to how he was just gripping onto her palm before. She then smiled in content. "That's better."

He felt like he was going to pass out. Butterflies throwing themselves around harshly in his chest, with his face burning up. He swore his heart skipped a beat once she did that. Iwaizumi smiled at her, leaning his head on hers, and only then could he hear how much her heart was beating. How much her heart palpitated.

He was pretty sure she might've she went into cardiac arrest.

And just like that, he rested slowly, his smiling keeping up though. He didn't know why or how he felt the need to rest with her but was happy he did. Because now, he got to cuddle up with his favourite girl.

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

im so lonely ffs i need friends