3 - THE GIRL OF KIND WORDS AND TOOTHY SMILES

kawa says: ants will take over the world!

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

WELL SHIT, IWAIZUMI SAID TO HIMSELF.

He really screwed up this time.

Because the girl of kind words, toothy smiles, and excitable expressions now follows him around like a lost puppy.

But that wasn't the annoying part, the most frustrating part was how he liked having her around him. He enjoyed talking to her and watching as she rambled on about her favourite new show.

The way she would completely close up like a turtle when she was flustered made him feel warm inside, a feeling that had only happened when he got in a good spike in a difficult game.

It irritated him to no end that he somehow made a mutual (from what he could hope) friendship with the girl. He obviously didn't make friends easily, and wasn't the nicest guy to be around, so why did she stay?

But he didn't think he'd like it very much if she stopped hanging around him, though. As much as he denied it, Iwaizumi had grown fond of the girl.

How honestly kind she was, and how she never had any bad intentions from whatever she said. How her patience reached levels he couldn't even fathom. She was just so genuinely sweet.

And now here they were, sitting in the gym together, her munching on rice and vegetables with a soft smile while he ate his own food and watched her silently.

She swallowed her food thickly and looked towards the boy. She let out a single chuckle."Y'know, if you want to ask something, just ask. I don't mind." She had undoubtedly noticed his staring, only sending him a small, harmless grin in return.

Iwaizumi looked away quickly, obviously embarrassed from getting caught. He coughed a little, trying to regain the little composure he had left, then looked back to her. "Well...why do you hang around me that much? I don't mind, but I'm just...kinda boring."

She faked an offended gasp, hitting him softly on the arm. "Never say that about yourself! You're super great! You're an amazing friend!" She sent him a sweet smile.

He felt himself flush up at the words. She then looked forward, sighing. "And...uh, to answer your question, I don't really have any other friends outside of you...and maybe Oikawa-san...I'm not that popular."

"I'm truly glad I bumped into you that day...I dunno what I would do without you, y'know?" L/N started to swing her legs back and forth. She then stopped and sat straight in her chair, blushing furiously. "I'm sorry! I sound super weird, don't I?! We've only known each other for a few days and I'm already saying this! I'm so sorr-"

"No, it's okay."

He pat her hand for a second. "It was nice, being reassured. Thanks." And just looking at her, with red creeping up his neck, he grinned at her.

A figurative arrow shot through her chest, as her entire face went a cherry red. She coughed widely, quickly hiding her face away, hitting her chest.

"Wha- Are you okay?!"

"Y-yeah! I think I'm just having -gulp- heart palpitations!"