8 - MELTING LIKE AN ICE-CREAM

kawa says: melting by kali uchis is the best!

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

L/N WAS RUSHING AROUND, HER AUNT WAS AT WORK and asked her niece to buy some groceries. And that same niece had forgotten, right until the asscrack of dusk. L/N rushed around, grabbed a coat, and some money, and ran out, jogging to the store. She hoped there were no creeps around, but that'd probably be inevitable.

As she ran into her local supermarket, she grabbed a bag and dumped food into it. She didn't care if she looked suspicious, she needed to get home quickly if she wanted to make something to eat and not starve.

Once she had paid for everything, only then she realized how much she actually bought. 4 bags full of groceries, makeup and other items. How did she buy so much? She couldn't carry this by herself.

With a heavy sigh, she picked up the 4 full bags and started to walk away. 1 minute in, and her arms were already aching. She was very much tempted to just grab a trolley and push it all the way to her house.

It was getting darker, and since she couldn't run or grab her spray, she was completely defenceless to anybody, if anybody tried to attack or grab her. Her heart pulsed in her chest as she cautiously looked around to see if anybody was looking at her weirdly.

She had to stop often, to catch her breath or rest her arms. It was excruciating. "I did this to myself...stupid," she breathed out, closing her eyes momentarily. Just as she was about to pick up the bags again, a larger hand on hers stopped her. Panic seeped through her mind, as she instinctively twisted her head in a panic, only to find someone she knew.

"Iwaizumi-san?" L/N looked at him, eyes softening, "what-what're you doing here?"

He sent her a small smile, shrugging his shoulders. "I saw you walking back and how many bags you have." He picked three of them up. "C'mon."

"Huh? Why-" She stopped herself, picking up the last bag and smiling at him. "Thanks."

"Don't sweat it," He said. They started to walk back, her nerves eased. She didn't need to be scared with him around.

They chatted about small things the whole time, L/N laughing about some random stuff. Her laughter, directed to him and only him made his stomach twist and turn. It made him want to smile. He wanted to hear her sweet laughter forever, he never wanted to stop looking at her.

It was all back to normal. Just him and her.

It felt like they weren't walking long enough, as they got back to her house in no time. To be honest, the male felt slightly disappointed that it was so quick. Already? But they were having so much fun.

Some things weren't fair.

"Thank you for walking me home, Iwaizumi-san." She smiled, bowing slightly while dropping the singular bag in her arms. "It made me feel a lot less nervous and I could get home quicker."

A small blush found its way onto his face. "Yeah...We seem to bump into each other a lot, huh?"

She could only laugh at his little quip. She brought out her phone, eyes widening at the time. "It's pretty late, nearly 1 in the morning. It's way too dangerous for you to walk home alone."

"Nah, it's fine. I live about...30 minutes from here in walking distance."

"That's way too far! Stay over, Iwaizumi-san. I'm sure my Aunt won't mind, and I certainly don't!" L/N offered, looking at him expectantly. And with those eyes, how could he say no?

"If you really don't mind..." He trailed off and seeing her bright smile was worth the awkwardness.

"Of course! I think I have some spare clothes that my uncle left behind, I hope you don't mind! Oh- I can sleep on the couch, and you can take my room if you don't care about um- some girly stuff." She started to ramble, unconsciously taking his hand and leading him in.

And funnily enough, Iwaizumi let her.

"Are you hungry? I think I have some ramen packets if you are! I'm sure I bought some..." L/N asked him, then started to go through a shopping bag, pulling out exactly what she was looking for.

"No, it's okay. I'm fine." He blurted out, uncharacteristically dazed. It was unlike him for sure but did he really care at that moment?

Not at all.

He looked around the house, spotting a few modern sculptures and pictures on the white walls. "This is a nice house, L/N."

"Huh? Oh- thanks. My Aunt really likes modern stuff."

There was a small silence. Not awkward, actually the opposite. A sweet silence.

"Say, do you want to watch a movie in my room?" L/N looked over to her friend, a small blush blooming on her ears. "I-If it's not too weird, of course! Oh my gosh, I sound weird, don't I?! F-forget I said anything!-" She started to blush a beet red, covering her face with her hands in embarrassment.

"If you're okay with it, then sure." He chuckled lightly, removing her hands from her face with a soft smile.

She looked at him for a second in awe, before smiling too, her normal toothy grin. Heart pounding in her chest, she nodded quickly, running upstairs to switch it on.

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

corny romance is so cringe but i love it sm