٠٢

"Aap hume kab khushkhabri dene waali hai, Anabiya?" The old woman scrutinized as she saw her grand-daughter in law, fishing out pills from her medicine box and handing them to her.

(When are you going to give me the good news?)

"Arey wah! Dado aap to timbak too ki chudail nikli. Maine to ab tak kisi ko bhi nahi bataya. Aapko kaise pata chala?" Anabiya exclaimed her eyes widened in excitement, while she forwarded a glass of water.

(Wow! You turned out to be the witch from timbak too. I have told it to anyone. How did you know?)

"Hain?!" Fareya Zardari yelped, her face contruted with uncontrollable joy." Sacchi?!"

"Jee!"

"Mubarkan! Mubarkan! Meri bacchi." The old woman cried pulling Anabiya in her arms.

(Congratulations! Congratulations! My daughter)

Anabiya frowned at the excitement her Dado displayed, but brushed it off thinking she was overwhelmed.

"Meezan ko bhi nahi bataya hai abhi tak aapne?" Dado exclaimed, kissing Anabiya's cheek lovingly.

(You haven't even told Meezan yet?)

Anabiya shook her head negatively still frowning.

"Oh stupid girl. You should have told him, first. When did you get to know about this?" Dado said, shaking her head a smile still on her face.

"Urm.. a week ago" Anabiya said cautiously as she eyed Dado who was caressing her clothed stomach with puppy eyes.

"Sadkay, Anabiya. Meri pyaari bacchi. I am so happy for you."

That is when Anabiya's suspicions reached a peak. They were having a horrendous miscommunication.

"Dado, aapko khudke liye khush hona chahiye. Mere liye kyu ho rahi hai. Aap hi ka araam hai ab. Aapki constipation waali goli mujhe mil gayi hai." Anabiya said, as she took her seat near the old woman's legs.

(You should be happy for yourself. Why are you happy for me? You are going to be at rest now. I have gotten hold of your pill for constipation.)

Fareya Zardari's face froze like the chilly frost of crisp winter as the smile on her face faded like a dangerous fog.

And before Anabiya could comprehend anything the elderly woman has kicked her off the bed.

"Haye Allah, Dado! Itna zorse koi laat maarta hai? Meri kamar." Anabiya winced as she lay on the floor clutching her ribs.

(Who hits so hard? My waist.)

"Anabiya aapki shaadi maine Meezan se ki thi taaki aap unhe thoda shair dil bana sake, par aap to unki tarah bewakoof-masoom ban rahi hain." Dado, huffed. She had thought Anabiya was pregnant but the silly girl had destroyed her dil ke armaan.

(I married you to Meezan because i thought you'll make him a little bold, but you are turning into him. Naive and Stupid.)

"Yaar Dado, aese to nahi kahen. Mere shohar hai wo." Anabiya pouted as she got up still clutching her waist.

(Don't say like that. He is my husband)

"Accha? Hume to khabar hi nahi thi is baat ki" Dado exclaimed sarcasm lacing her every word, "Bewakoof ladki, dekho hame khush khabri jaldi chahiye. Aur agli baar constipation waali goli ki nahi."