۰۳

The time seemed to have blurred as the Zaarib Yazdani showed Meezan the eloquent landscape where he was planning on establishing his chain of restaurants. It was right adjacent to the magnificent manmade body of water; Deira Corniche.

"It's beautiful." Meezan breathed as the cool air slid it's fingers through his hair, causing it to fly in odd directions.

"It really is, isn't it? This is the place where I first proposed marriage to my wife." Zaarib smiled as he put his hands inside his pant pockets.

"Aah, therefore the symbolism as to why you want to build a chain of restaurants here." Meezan smiled back gently as he switched off the iPad in his hand.

Zaarib let out a hearty laugh, as he started walking towards the pavement and sat down on it, Meezan followed suite and did the same.
"Honestly, no. The plot was offered to me at a filthy cheap prize, and I just had to buy it. The additional symbolism that came with it was just sheer luck."

"Spoken like a true businessman." Meezan chuckled as he overlooked the water body in from of him.

"I am sorry, I can't help myself, but why are you here with a stale businessman rather than with your colourful wife, Meezan?" He questioned meaningfully as he side glanced at him.

Meezan clearly looked taken a back by this sudden question but soon seemed to recover as he muttered, " For business, of course."

"Yeah right, like any sane wife would let her husband do work on their honeymoon." Mocked Zaarib as he leaned sideways trying to get a better look at the man beside him.

Meezan simply sighed as he pushed a hand through his already messed up tresses. Yes, he was on his Honeymoon. Yes, his wife was as sane as she could come and yes, she was probably furious at him for bringing her with him to Dubai for their "so called"  honeymoon when in reality all he was here was to do business.

"It's okay, marriage is complicated. I understand. But, marriage is also about two imperfect people who don't want to give up on each other. It's weirdly enough like walking in a park, Jurassic Park. If you will." Zaarib Yazdani, began as he rubbed his hands together looked at Meezan who was confused. "You see, in the beginning you are excited, then you don't really know what is happening and then you are immensely scared but atlast you somehow survive and the sense of accomplishment you are left to feel after surviving amongst dinosaurs is surreal."

Meezan frowned even more as he realised he understood nothing, Zaarib sighed seeing his expression as he ran his hand across his face.

"I apologise, my wife made watch Jurassic Park yesterday till two in the morning. I surely sound delerious from the lack of sleep. You should probably just go and fall at your wife's feet and beg for forgiveness."
Saying this he got up dusting his pants.

"Thanks for the ...urm advice." Meezan muttered awkwardly as he himself got up.

"Anytime brother, though I doubt anything I said made sense. Just put in a little more effort from your side, it's the early stages of your marriage that you truly cherish. Take off from work and spend time with your wife. Or you might never know when a Mosasaurus might end up snatching her from you." He said chuckling as he shook Meezan's hand. All he wanted was sleep. So damn bad.

As Meezan watched the man walk off, his preternatural musings replayed themselves in Meezan's mind like an old cassette. He knew he wanted to make this relationship work, but he was immensely shy and Anabiya was quite the opposite; bold. Ya Khuda, what a peculiar couple they were.

•••

As Meezan walked down the streets of Dubai to the hotel they were staying at, the only thought that was in his mind was how he was going put in a little more effort into their relationship. Meezan had never been in contact with the female population apart from the ones in his family and most of all he had never shared a relationship quite like one where intimacy was required, so he was a rookie at anything of that sorts. And frankly enough he was already so mesmerised by the magic that flowed around Anabiya. She was wild and free. Bold and unapologetic.
Everything Meezan wasn't.