۰۳

If someone were to ask Zyva Qureshi what she liked about Azlan Sikandar, she would be rendered speechless. There wasn't one thing she could think of that made the man she was married to likeable. He was an abomination in her eyes.

But, today was one of those days where the hatred she felt for him had minimised to a point as to if he were dying of thirst, she would consider giving him water.

Azlan had somehow managed to convince his parents that they couldn't go on a honeymoon just yet. Although, his parents had put up a tough fight, Azlan had shrewdly managed to win over in the argument. He very validly explained, that since both of them were reeling from the shock of the sudden marriage, they needed time to settle in and if forced they would only end up having more problems in their relationship.

Zyva was in awe, at that very moment but it was soon poured over with water when the parents insisted that the couple take at least a weekend break away to the local hill station and that Azlan himself took a week off from work. They were quite persistent in this and refused to back down, so finally Azlan did comply.

So here they were, sitting in his black range rover at the start of a 12 hour long journey to the hill-station. Zyva was dozed out on the passenger seat from the time their journey had started, while Azlan softly hummed to the tunes of a soft bollywood song resonating from the stereo. His fingers drumming along the edges of the steering as he found himself enjoying the ride. He just hoped this peace stayed, but unfortunately for him, the storm beside him stirred awake, letting out a loud yawn as she stretched her arms above her head, causing the pale yellow tshirt she was wearing to move above her torso, revealing a sliver of her smooth waist.

Azlan's hands tightened on the steering, as he caught hold of the sight, clearing his throat harshly he turned his head to the other side. But of course his wife always wanted trouble.

"Sunein, mai jab soyi thi, tab bhi hum yahi raste par the, ab bhi hum wahi hai. Are you driving around in circles?" Her groggy voice came, igniting the devils that resided deep within his brain.

(Listen, when i slept, we were on this same road and now also we are here only)

"Haan mujhe bohot shok hai tumhare saath same raste par phirne ka. Mein pagal dikhta hu tume?"

(Yes, i like roaming on the same roads with you. Do i look like an idiot to you?)

"Dikhte to aap lomdi ki shakal waale hai waise." Zyva grumbled lowly as she picked up her phone, swiping it open.
(You look like a wolf faced man tho.)

"This habit of yours to mumble in your mouth is so fucking annoying! Stop whispering to yourself. Himmat hai to seede-seede bolo."Azlan growled, giving her a disgusting side-eye.

"You—" Zyva wanted to reply back but before that her stomach began to grumble loudly, causing her to shrink back into her seat looking at the person beside him in embarrassment.

"Can you manage for a few more minutes? We will reach a toll free road soon, We can have lunch there." Azlan's almost caring response shocked the living day light from Zyva's mind. How didn't he insult her?

"Theek to hai aap?" Zyva gasped, her mouth opening and closing like that of a fish. The sentence leaving past her lips before she could
even phantom the shock.

(Are you okay?)

"Mooh band karlo, makhi ghus jayegi tumhare gufa jaise moo mein." Azlan exclaimed not even sparing her another glance as he concentrated on driving.