Chapter 18

WELL GUYS A LITTLE CHANGE OF SCENERY
😉

                        Mason's POV

I couldn't sleep. I had so much going through my brain it was somewhat suffocating. But in all honesty, Andrea was the main issue giving me a hard time getting some much needed rest.

I couldn't blame the girl but she was sometimes clueless to a fault. She couldn't take hints and it was seriously frustrating. But who could blame her when she was brought up in a meek and humble way and to top it all they had been taught the art of being humble always.

Why was I thinking about her in the deep of the night when she probably couldn't spare me a minute in her brain?  I can't help it. But there was the issue of Gabby, I was very certain that with her around, I couldn't focus on Andrea much. Gabby was the type of girl who thrived in attention, as much as her parents tried, she grew up to become a snob to some level.

Gabby could also be a bully and a bitch whenever she wanted. They were bad traits but having spent all our childhood together, I knew she had a soft side to her, one that she rarely ever portrayed but was there. Like a dormant force awaiting activation but Gabby chose the latter.

She was never like that with me though and that made things a little bit more complicated, she had feelings for me. I never had any issue with that but since Andrea came into the picture, I was really conflicted.

I also knew very well that it was part of the reason why Gabs treated her sister in a rude snobbish manner. She liked it  when I called her Gabs, said it was our own special name. It was my nickname for her when we were little.

Another reason she was never warm to her sister was because she had the gift. Another trait Gabby had was she always wanted to outshine others, I found that unbecoming though. She did not like the fact that she didn't get to inherit the gift since she was the first born.

I was also surprised she didn't since it was how it always happened in the past. But I was not against Andrea inheriting the gifts, I honestly thought she deserved it more. But maybe I was biased but it didn't matter.  It was what the gods and our ancestors decided so it was not to be questioned.

Having gone through a vast learning from Justin, I knew that there was very few people with those gifts anymore. The gifts had slowly dwindled out over the decades and it was unheard of this days. That was why I was indulged and taught the basics of protecting her.

Yeah, I was what you could term as her guardian, but she did not have any idea and I wanted it to remain so, I did not want her to start treating me in a special way just because I was her protector. Maybe she'd even distance herself more knowing her.

She didn't like being put at the spot. All in all she was the complete opposite of her elder sister. And there was her best friend!  If there was anyone I steered clear of, was Sandra. That girl was crazy. There was nothing she couldn't say and she never gave a  damn who she was addressing.

Spouting anything that came to her mind without a second thought. I secretly feared her. Not that I would ever say that out loud, I usually put on a brave front whenever she was around.  The way she handled Gabby was enough to make anyone avoid a confrontation with her.

I was glad she was Andrea's friend, she at least made the girls do things the normal expected way for teenagers. And she usually forced her out of her comfort zone which I personally thought was a good thing. That way,  Rea which was my secret name for her, could be able to gain experience on how to handle different situations.

And now there was the matter of  Lucifer King!!
That guy got under my skin than nobody ever has. And he had spent a few weeks around here only. I really hoped that he was not here to stay but I also knew the probability was high.