Chapter 17

Apparently, after Justin left me that day in my room, I had fallen unconscious.  When my mother came in to bring my soup, she had found me shaking and unresponsive.  After she summoned Justin and the physician, she broke down and had to be led out.

I was told that she was also unresponsive though she was conscious. She had refused to engage in anything and would not talk with anyone. She had retreated into a silent cocoon.

The physician tried and failed to awake me, Justin had left and came back with none other that King.
I felt my eyes widen at that piece of information and immediately looked to where Mason was sitting. He had a slight glare marring his features.

After Lucifer was brought in, he had ordered everyone out. Well they had to drag Mason out by force since he had refused to go out. He had insisted that Lucifer could not be left alone with me since nobody knew him. He claimed that he was not to be trusted.

After Lucifer was left alone in the room, he had stayed hours locked in there and no one knew what was going on. That had everyone worried. Even the ever confident Justin had been uneasy.
After hours of being inside my room, Lucifer had come out of the room with a grave expression.

"I have done my part. The rest is upto her, you have to let her wake up by herself. Whether or not she wakes up will be her decision. There is nothing any of you can do but wait."

He had then nodded in their direction and started leaving and then as if remembering something, he had told them,

" Be prepared for anything. Do not hope. "

And he had left without saying anything else.

After he left, my body still shook and at some point I was told that I'd thrown up. That took me back to my dream as I sat there uncomfortably absorbing all the information.

After two days of unrest and profuse sweating, my body had finally started to grow calm. Everyone had held their breath and crossed their fingers hoping that I'd open my eyes but there was no such luck.

My mother had despaired not wanting to imagine that she could lose me again after we were only recently reunited. My father had tried keeping her strong even though he himself had been going through a really difficult time.

Sandra had locked herself away in her room refusing anyone entrance. The twins had cried and cried till they could cry no more.
Even Gabriella had been sad. Surprise!!!

Mason had not left our house but he had also been withdrawn.
All in all the house had been awful.

After the second day of being still and still unconscious, Justin had called a meeting to decide what action would be undertaken since I did not seem to be waking up.

Well that was what I had interrupted when I came in earlier.

"What did Lucifer say was wrong with me?"

"He did not tell us anything. He refused to enlighten us. He only told us to leave you alone."

I would have to find that devil and ask him myself. As for now,

"Hey quit being sad I'm back alive and kicking!"

I shouted and startled everyone. I giggled and the twins let out loud hearty laughter. And just like that the mood changed.

Even though there was many unanswered questions. We collectively decided to let go of the matter for now and rejoice.

I had a bone to pick with Justin. He had to answer some questions before I hunted for Lucifer. I needed solid answers.