chapter 4

The guy said his name was Justin. He went on to tell me that they had come to take me home where I really belonged. That the rest of the information would be given to me along the way or when we reached our destination. But that's when I lost it.

"This is my home!!!    I am going nowhere and I don't care what you guys think! I belong here and all those people out there are my family!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. At this point I was sobbing. I didn't care what they thought. Most of the sisters were silently looking down with pained expressions and others concern. The looks on their faces fueled my urge to rebel against the strangers. But however much broken I felt at that moment something told me that this guys were not going to relent to any of my ranting. I looked up at the lady and I was momentarily surprised to find that her eyes looked what.. glassy?? With tears?? Oh so this people had feelings!!! The look in her eyes gave me a little bit of comfort. But I was still devastated. I looked up to the sister and pleaded with her to talk them out of this. She looked at me sadly and told me she had no power to.

"Chloe, you turned eighteen and are of legal age, I have no authority over you now I can't refute them seeing as you're no longer a minor."     I wailed more loudly and started shaking. What was this now? Why does this have to happen to me? Whom did I wrong? I was slowly losing it. I could feel myself slowly sink into a dark place. I could feel my body slip into a state of no clarity. The agony I was feeling felt deeper and stronger than it was supposed to feel. Was this a normal feeling? This was so foreign!! I was feeling extreme pain. I looked up at the lady one more time and saw her eyes so wide with fear etched inside them. What was she afraid of? I also let my eyes wander around the room and the strangers looked frantic. That was weird. They all had been calm and collected. They seemed to have everything under control but right now they were restless and unsettled. I faintly heard Justin make a call and he sounded very serious and urgent. I was also able to register the not so quiet sobs of the sisters.. they sounded troubled. What was going on? I could feel the pain lessen as I continued to lose feel of my surroundings. Suddenly the door burst open and somebody came  running in. At that point my eyes had started closing.

"Andrea! Andrea! Andreaaaaa!! Andreaaaaa! No no no no no... Please Andrea please don't do this please. Wake up please. Don't close your eyes please!"

I heard somebody whisper. Who was Andrea? But I cared less. I was entering a state of complete peace. Where nothing mattered. I felt someone shaking me but it felt like a far fetched action. My brain didn't register that fact and finally I closed my eyes.

I looked around me. Where was I? Why did I feel so light? A sudden feeling of euphoria passed through me. I felt so good like nothing was of importance. The place was filled with bright light. There was no speck of darkness anywhere.
This place felt so unreal but nice nevertheless.
I looked down at myself and I was clad in a white robe!! Was I dead??!! OMG what's going on??!! There was a sudden voice and it startled me! Oh God, is that God speaking?? I don't want to be dead and I haven't fulfilled my dreams!

I didn't feel so good anymore. The voice called out again. "Andrea my child don't panic nothing is wrong dear daughter."
I looked around myself and I saw no one. "Who are you and what do you want from me? Where are you even?"

"Here"  the person said and I looked to my right and immediately jumped. There standing before me was the most beautiful person I had ever seen. Or was this an angel?? Or was God a woman!!!??? Oh no if this was God then people on Earth were lied to everyday!! The beautiful woman smiled and told me she was not God. "She can hear my thoughts!!!??? How now?" She smiled again and told me she's an immortal and hence the ability to read my mind.

Oh no I'm really dead!! I am talking to an immortal!! The woman smiled and told me I was not really dead but rather in between the two realms. Partially dead and partially alive. Wow can you believe that? I was partially dead and partially alive!!

The woman said to me that her name was Andrea and that's when it hit me that she'd called me Andrea. " Who's Andrea?" I asked her and she went on to tell me that Andrea was my name. "But my name is Chloe!"    I exclaimed. She brought forward her hand and gently touched my face. I felt an electronic shock go through me. She was so gentle! She smiled and told me that there was a lot of information I was not aware of. She went on to tell me that she was my great grandma!! That's when it came back to me. The strangers!! They'd said I was named Andrea at birth after my great grandma. I looked at the woman completely baffled.

I was looking at my great grandma? Wow just wow. I had finally met with my real blood and for that matter my great grandma who was an immortal. Could things get more absurd!!?? The woman my great grandma told me that I had unfinished business back there and I had to go back.
I wanted to ask her so many things but she shook her head reading my mind again.

" No I can't answer you.. you have to go back there and find out by yourself. You have a big role ahead of you. Just brace yourself and be ready. Do not despair and do not give up for fate and destiny hold so much that you just have to keep going. You'll meet with many challenges but do not let them bring you down. You're a conquerer and you will make it. You have my blessings and nothing matters. Now go back there and fulfill your duties. Keep in mind that I love you and I'm always looking out for you."

I felt so overwhelmed but at the same time very hyped. The future held big great things, she'd said. Even though there would be challenges she had reassured me. I have her support and love. I could do it. Energy flowed inside my veins. I could do it.

My great granny looked at me and smiled fondly. " That's my gal.. go on go back there and shine. I love you so much."    She hugged me tight and I felt the electric jolts again. When she let go, she started floating away and the further she went the more I regained senses.

I slowly woke up. And finally when I opened my eyes I couldn't comprehend where I was. I was in a foreign surrounding. But I was so drained of energy that I went back to sleep.

With so many questions in my mind.

❤️