Chapter 19

One year later...

"Sandy!"

Rather than getting a reply, I was flipped. This was really annoying the hell out of me but the girl could care  less. Huffing, I decided to leave her behind and just go home. She was conversing with King and all my pleas for us to leave were totally in vain.

I decided to take the longer route and enjoy the drive but in hindsight I wanted to decompress and reconnect with nature.
I couldn't pinpoint what was wrong with me, I was getting more and more irritable within the day.
Life was really flowing too fast, my best friend was the typical queen bee of high school except we were in campus, her influence was great, it rivaled my sisters' popularity which pissed her but there was nothing she could do.

On the bright side, she and Mason were the "couple - goals" kind of couple around campus, many people always gushed about how great they were together. Even I had to admit that they complimented each other well.

All in all everything was great around me but I couldn't find it in me to shake away the feeling of discontent.
The breeze felt great on my face and I just felt at peace in the moment.
I snapped out of the mood immediately something rushed from the surrounding woods and dashed across the road. Unfortunately, I hit whatever it was as I couldn't halt fast enough. Jumping out I quickly went to check what I hit and found out that it was a deer, she seemed like a  young deer and my heart went out to her, she was so beautiful!

Lying there still, I feared that she'd lost her life but to my utter relief, she had a slight heartbeat when I checked. She must have been on shock or much pain to be lying that still, or probably both.
Forgetting where I was, I sat beside her and cradled her pretty head on my lap, focused on my inner self to reach out to her fast declining heartbeat. In a second, the hearts rhythm speeded up and was in sync with mine.  I met my essence pour into her and restore her.

The deer gave a start, startling me from the reverie, I looked down at her only to find her blinking up at me. After petting her a little bit more, I let her go and she stood looked at me for what felt like a minute and bounded off. I felt like she was expressing her gratitude and smiled to myself happy to have restored her.

That encounter had brought back my inner peace and I continued with my journey home a happier soul than I had been.  In my own little world, I didn't notice the pair of eyes that were looking at me from the woods as I drove away.

Sandra was already home when I got there and she smiled sheepishly at me when she saw me. Feeling the irritation flare up again, I decided to make an excuse so that I could get a little time to myself.

"Hey baby, how was your day today?"
That was my mom, I smiled as she hugged me warmly, I snuggled into her basking in her motherly warmth and love, I loved her hugs!
And as usual the twins came barreling into the room and joined in the hug shouting group hug.  Giggling I left them to bother our mom with their antics and went to my room to continue reading  my novel.

**            **                                     **                  **

Dragging me around by force, Sandra navigated the mall with so many bags in her hands already. I honestly couldn't understand what else she might need, seemed like she wanted to my the whole place down!
This was a month since the deer incidence and that was already in the past, nobody knew about it since I had not told anyone.
Going into another clothing stall, I swallowed in a groan, I was totally fed up with all the walking we had done and was feeling totally hungry.

"Okay I'm done, we can go find some food now since I'm so famished!"
She chirped nonchalantly and I couldn't help but utter a sigh of relief!

As we got our order and sat down to eat, King came into the food stall.  Sandra immediately sat up straighter and swallowed the huge bite she'd taken on her burger. I suppressed the need to roll my eyes at her behaviour and continued gobbling down my fries without a care, nothing could come between me and my food at this moment.

"M'ladys, howdy?"

King faked an accent and I snorted out loud not bothering to reply back. My friend was too eager to do that anyway so there was no point.

"Hey  Luc, fancy seeing you here!"

King gave her his signature smug look and I could have sworn I saw her swoon. 

"Well I thought I felt positive energy somewhere and I felt like my soul mate was calling out to me and voila! Here I am!"

Rolling my eyes, I continued eating my food ignoring what they were saying when I felt a kick under the table, glaring at my friend, she just continued smiling sweetly. The conniving little sea eel!

" Hey Andy won't you shay hi to wittle baby Luc? I'm ofwended."

Went King with a childish pout like the child he was.

"Not funny King, act your age and besides, don't you have better things to be doing right now?"

I admonished.  King just went on to lament about how I never called him Lucifer like he had always insisted but I couldn't care, he called me Andy knowing fully well I didn't like it when he did.
King got his order brought to him, he had not even needed to go ordering, the girl behind the counter had happily came over to our table to ask him instead. Lucky bastard he was!

With a full stomach, I sat back on my chair as I sipped my ice water feeling good finally. I tuned into King's conversation with Sandra.  You could tell that my friend was really focused with the way she was leaning towards him and staring. I imagined drool  on her chin by how fangirly she was looking at him.

Turning to me, King winked at me and my insides had the audacity to  jump and I felt a jolt shoot through my body!
That was crazy because I never gave the guy the time of the day.  I frowned but I swear I saw King sport a ghost smile and it confused me so much.

Finally as we left the mall, I let out a sigh of relief knowing we would be parting ways with King, but as we were getting into the car to drive away, King invited us to a party happening later that night at his place.

My default answer was a no but Sandra was quick to rectify and promise that we would definitely attend. Knowing that I couldn't win that argument, I just agreed as we parted ways.
I had a funny feeling of being watched but as I looked around, no one was paying me much attention, I looked towards King's direction and found his eyes already on me making me slightly jump, get into the car and drive away.

I didn't know what to feel about the party later but I had to wait and see how things would go.
Well whatever bugging feeling I had going, had to be put on a pedestal, we had a party to attend and knowing Sandra, she wouldn't spare any effort in looking great. She had King to impress as she always said.

"Hey Andrea, how've you been, I haven't seen much of you this days."

"Well that's what happens if you have a girlfriend Mase."

Mason looked away coughing and scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. Laughing, I nudged at him letting him know I was jesting.  Sighing, we made little conversation until he had to go and help Gabriella prepare for the party because apparently they would be attending too.
That party was sure going to be fullblast and I was sure there would be hundreds of people around.

"Andrea of you don't get in here in a flash I'll drag your tiny bottom by the ear!"

Grumbling to myself about how petty Sandra could get, I went to her room muttering under my breath. My bottom was not tiny!

**                                    **

❤️

This chapter is dedicated to chriselle_fayma the person who gave this book the first comment. XOXO.