Chapter 1

I woke up with a start....
What sort of a dream was that?? It didn't sit well with me...
I had been having strange dreams over and over again and each dream got weirder than the last...
I'm an orphan.. I was raised in an orphanage and they told me I'd been left at the doorstep by nobody knows who... It was sad that I never had the chance to meet my parents nor had the opportunity to know whether I had siblings or not but I was never one to complain... Having been brought up in a humble but surprisingly nice background I knew better than complain..

The orphanage I grew up in was managed by sisters and they taught us to always be grateful of whatever situation we found ourselves in.. They showed us the importance of each and every minute of our lives coz even though we weren't as advantaged as everyone else, we still had a chance to better our lives... The sisters were really nice and patient with us and for that I'd always be grateful..
Anyway my name is Chloe and I'm about to give you my story......

About how it all started and progressed
How my life turned all of a sudden it left me in a daze...lol

So I was told I was born in November the twentieth... The sisters knew that because there was a piece of paper stuck on my right side..
Yaaay... At least something about me is certain (*sarcasm) so at least I got the chance to celebrate my birthday.
It also happens that I was exactly one year when I was dropped outside the home...

The sisters and my fellow siblings at the home always said I was strange in some ways as I grew up... They usually marvelled at how fast I grasped things and how quick I was to decipher what was going on around me..

So it was no wonder I was a favorite student to the teachers as the years went by... I was actually ahead of most classes throughout my school life...
I was also the leading student in almost all the subjects but I sucked at drawings and history..
I finished school last year and I was seventeen then... Surprising I know but since I was ahead in all classes I was able to finish at that age...
I was supposed to join college at the beginning of the year but due to financial situation at the home I was forced to take some time off and work to raise money...

Our home known as sweet home for you and me.,had close to two hundred kids so it was justified they found it difficult to manage all of us at the same time..
The big kids usually helped around and we enjoyed each other's company seeing as we were practically family..

I got a job at a coffee shop near the home where I'd been working throughout the year to save up... People liked me I could say since I was social and well on the better side of looks and body build....
This was both a blessing and somewhat a curse since I usually received a lot if tips and good ones for that matter.. but on the other hand I had to fend off many people who tried to get me in their rooms...

Today happened to be my eighteenth birthday........
The dreams I had been having were disconcerting and unsettling....

❤️