Ch 8: Loose Ends-

(A/N: This is a rather rushed chapter, please forgive this lowly Potato)

Robin POV

Just another day. I woke up, ate breakfast, and went to work, all alone. I thought I was used to that by now.

It's currently the afternoon of the day after Melissa had left. In the morning I noticed that one of my hoodies was missing, but I'm guessing Melissa was the one who took it. So just like her, it's in good hands.

Right now I'm with Marie in the backroom with the day proceeding as normal. Then Marie speaks up.

Marie: "Are you okay dear?" She asks concerned.

Robin: "Yes, what makes you think I'm not?" I ask in my natural neutral voice.

Marie: "Well, everything that happened with Melissa, aren't you sad? You two seemed pretty attached to each other." She says gently.

Robin: "I suppose we were quite close but I'm used to saying goodbye. Besides, I have no need to worry about her." I say focusing on perfecting a complicated 3D star polygon shaped bread.

Marie: "What makes you say that?"

Robin: "I know we'll see each other again and I know that she's in good hands."

Marie: "Seeing how confident you are makes me more reassured about Melissa's situation." She says with a giggle, "But are you sure? It's only been a day since she left."

Robin: "I'm sure that man found her just as I did on that day. Thank you, by the way."

Marie: "What for?" She asks innocently.

Robin: "For checking up on me. I know you already know how Melissa is doing, you're just asking for me." I say turning to her, "You gave that man the bread right? With a bag that had my gift to Melissa in it. I'm sure you gave it all to the right person."

She gives me a warm smile.

Marie: "It seems that nothing gets pass you deary." She says with a giggle.

I return my focus on the now deformed bread. I sigh, I was going to have to restart again.

From the backroom where me and Marie are we hear the front door open.

Marie: "It looks like we have a customer, I'll go help them while you clean up that." She says with a smile as she points at my deflated bread.

She leaves the room and I save the bread for later. It was going to be part of my dinner later tonight. Marie says that I shouldn't waste any food so I use my failed attempts as side dishes for meals.

As I finish up I start to hear chatter coming from Marie and the customer. A fairly normal occurrence, Marie loves to talk to others, something I help her indulge in by being her conversation partner.

Now that I was done, I make my way towards Marie. I walk through the back door and into the main room and see who was talking to Marie.

Our eyes meet and a now familiar feeling floods my head, here we go again. An image flashes in my mind.

A gentle looking girl with her light green hair tied with a pink ribbon takes off her headset as if to listening to the boy beside her. Her gentle green eyes match the gentle smile on her soft lips and the frilly clothing that added to her cute girly palette.

Once again, I've met another female lead, the fourth and last one of the male protagonist's side of the game. I realize now that each and every image that had flashed in my mind was always a CG image given to the player through certain events during each characters routes.