Ch 14: They Shall Kneel

Grace POV

I must say, Robin Cross is simply the most interesting person I have ever met, and the person I understand the most for some reason.

He makes just the cutest expressions whenever he thinks about something and I can understand each and everyone of them. I found seeing him with a dark expression the most interesting, maybe because it resonated with me the most.

I've noticed that there seems to be a split within Robin where one side is darker than the other, and the dark side seems to be taking over. I can tell because when he has the dark look it's like looking in the mirror, except the reflection has zero expression.

The best part is, I'm sure that Robin doesn't even understand it himself! He always has such a perplexed expression when he thinks that I can't help but tease him. But despite his confusion he still has such a radiant determination for something I am not sure of yet.

Perhaps I could ask him.

Oh Robin, how silly you are. I suspect that it will take you a very long time of pulling yourself back and forth between the line of good and bad to figure yourself out. maybe a few words of mine can help you decide.

But which way should I tilt him?

I have him all for myself so I have lots of time to decide. Though I am quite possessive, maybe I wouldn't mind sharing a little bit of him with others, it might be good for his development.

Robin has a very special potential, one that will take a lot of effort to reach and could use the help of many. But if he reaches the top all by himself, he will most likely be standing atop of a pile of bodies.

I will be right beside him every step of the way of course, he is my cute little servant after all, so we'll be a perfect match if he does end up standing above them all with cold ruthless eyes. An evil servant beside his evil master, that's how the students will see us.

I get the feeling that even if Robin ascends to power with friends and foes alike, everyone would kneel for him.

No, they will kneel, I will make sure that when he reaches the top that everyone will understand his power. Seeing the school bow down to a commoner, that sounds like an interesting sight.

I'm getting so excited about all of the possibilities that I begin rolling around on my bed giggling very unladylike. I am very happy that this school year will not be as boring as I thought it would.

What will you do next Robin? I will be watching your every move because you are a mystery, interesting, wonderfully confused, but most importantly, because you are mine.

Your unknown familiarity to me is also something I find interesting. Perhaps it has to do with Cross... just where have I heard that name from?

Robin POV

As I reach for my door I sneeze.

???: "Bless you." A voice says from behind the door.

Robin: "Thank you." I say wiping my nose.

I open up my door and in front of me stands...

Robert: "You getting sick on the first day of school kid?" He grins.

My teacher.

Robin: "I doubt it, is there something you need?" I ask flatly.

Robert: "Ah well...I was just wondering..." He says awkwardly.

He fidgets in place for a bit and I start to think back to an earlier thought. Did getting rid of Robert really cross my mind?