Ch 32: Without Hesitation

Markus POV

Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit! Now I've lost my chance!

Students are funneling into the grand hall and the security detail have all posted up, why is there so much security in the first place?! It wasn't supposed to be like this originally, so what changed?!

No, only one person could have been the cause of this, and there he is right over there being surrounded by a hoard of students. Beside him is the second prince wearing a very elegant white gilded suit while he himself creates a striking contrast with his black and teal suit and his scarf making them a very eye catching pair.

It almost makes me jealous how much attention they're getting simply by walking in, but I shake away the thoughts and focus on my goal. I'll just have to initiate the invasion later on when I get the chance, but this delay is extremely angering and my hatred is directed at the one who has caused all these problems.

Just you wait, I'll kill everyone you care about for taking away my fun. Because if I can't have them then why should you?

I wonder what kind of face will you make then?

But for now, I need to blend back in.

Robin POV

My eyes dart every which way through the growing crowd as I feel a shiver run down my spine, it's the same feeling I had earlier today, the catalyst is here. I forcibly stop myself from chasing the source of my unease and retain a calm façade, which isn't hard considering how I always look.

Lucas: "Something wrong Robin?" He whispers to me as he continues to smile at the crowd of students around us.

Though it seems my ever perceptive friend was still able to see through me.

Robin: "No, nothing." I lie, then take a pause. "Find me in an hour or two, I've got something to tell you." I whisper to him.

Lucas: "That definitely sounds like a something." He chuckles nervously, then he swaps to his crowd pleaser mood. "It's a pleasure to see you all, and I must say that you're really doing our school's reputation right with all of your outfits." He says nodding his head while giving the crowd a once over.

I can tell the other students are pleased by his complement, the fan girls are much more so than others, and he continues his seemingly frequently used spiel.

Lucas: "Now, me and my friend here will be mingling with the other students, so if you would all please make wa-"

Student: "Do either of you already have a partner picked out?!" A girl suddenly asks from somewhere within the crowd.

Lucas hesitates for a moment and subtly glances at me, I reply with a subtle negative shake of the head. He turns back to the crowd without a positive copy with a charming grin.

Lucas: "I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises, who knows, maybe we've yet to ask someone yet and that someone being somewhere nearby." He teases the crowd mainly comprised of girls.

They all squeal in delight which is enough to actually give me a jolt, but that may just be because of how tense I am right now.

Lucas: "Now if you'll please excuse us." He says as he leads me through the crowd.

They make a path for us as they all continue to gawk at me and Lucas, I hope they all enjoy their time here while they can.

Soon me and Lucas break free of the sea of students and finally enter the grand hall, 'grand' doesn't even make the sheer size of this place justice. The ground floor alone could fit over a thousand students, giving me lots of room to maneuver around.