Side Story 1: The Days in Between

A/N: This chapter is over 13k words. So perhaps read one story and digest it first.

Or don't, it's all up to you dear reader.

Before you start reading please take note of the following.
-Each short story length ranges from 1.8k words to 3.5k words
-They are seen through each of the female leads POV
-Each of the stories take place at an unspecified date in between the large time skips
-Please enjoy because having to create five different stories that line up with the previous chapters is hard work...well the timing may not be 100% accurate but don't sweat the little things

Lisa
What we used to have

As I think about what to do today I head over to Robin's home at just before the afternoon as usual. The walk there is much more enjoyable now that I know that he'll actually be home to greet me.

It's been two days since our reunion and I've enjoyed every second of it. Maybe for today we'll just walk around and see where that will lead us.

As I make my decision I arrive at Robin's house. It still looked the same as it was all those years ago.

*Knock* *Knock*

But the person inside of it has changed...

Robin: "Good afternoon Lisa." He says with no emotion as the door opens up.

And sometimes I think it's my fault.

Lisa: "Ah, g-good afternoon." I say snapping out of my thoughts.

Robin: "I'll be ready in just a moment, would you like to come in?" He says as I see he's still in his teal pyjamas with his scarf on.

That's a first. Normally he'd be ready by now. But I wasn't going to let the opportunity pass me by.

Lisa: "Gladly!" I exclaim.

Robin steps aside and I walk in. He closes the door as I examine the interior. The familiar wooden floor we used to run across. The same T.V we used to watch cartoons on. The kitchen table I got to sit on during special occasions when my father would allow me to stay over. It all hits me so suddenly that I forget every happy thought I had before entering the building.

Then I remember that Robin has been here all alone for so long. Without parents, without friends, without me, my chest starts to hurt just thinking about it.

Robin: "Are you alright?" He asks as he suddenly comes up behind me.

Once again his words startle me out of my thoughts and I swiftly turn around. To find that we are very close to each other.

Lisa: "Y-Yes!" I shout as my face flares up uncontrollably.

As I feel myself blush I think to myself, 'do I even deserve to be in front of him?'

Robin: "I don't believe you." He says flatly.

I blink a few times.

Lisa: "Eh?"

Robin: "Take a seat in the living room, I'm going to get changed." He says not following up on what he just said.

Then he walks away towards his room. After standing there stunned for a moment I walk to the living room and take a seat on the couch.

No matter where I look, all I can think about is how everything reminded me of what we had before. I wish that there was a magic that could turn back time.

Then I hear footsteps approaching. I turn around to see Robin wearing his casual clothing plus his scarf. He really never takes that thing off anymore.

Robin: "I'm going to make some lunch, have you eaten already?" He asks walking to the kitchen.