Ch 30: Suits and Suitresses

Robin POV

I had some spare time today and since Grace didn't have anything for me to do I decided to spend it relaxing outside far out in the fields to be alone.

There's only a gentle breeze on this bright and sunny day, and laying on the grass felt good. So good that my eyes had managed to close on their own and trap me with only my thoughts.

Which always just leads into a reflection of recent events.

These past few months have been...relatively peaceful, mostly just filled with mundane days that a regular student should be having.

But this is a magic school, the most prestigious one in this whole world that helps students hone their talents and mold them into the strongest knights and magicians, smartest arcane researchers, the ones who will leave a mark in the world, the crème of the crop. So it is no surprise that there have been days filled with only the most unusual activities.

And somehow, I always end up in the middle of them.

But the stories where we go to a beach or I end up turning into a child because of a spell gone wrong will be left untold.

Just like majority of the world that is filled with mobs and side characters that are the protagonist of their own lives, some stories will simply never be told or recorded.

Though I find that that is alright with me, because I have my stories in the form of precious memories all in my head.

???: "Robin!" I hear someone call my name in the distance.

So if I plan on making more...

???: "Robin!"

I am going to make sure nothing goes wrong during the festival next week.

???: "If you don't wake up...I might do something to you...again." The feminine voice whispers bashfully.

My eyes flutter open as I register the face above me that's shielding me from the sun, I'm not surprised to find that Clarissa has taken the liberties to give me a lap pillow.

Clarissa: "A-Ah, morning Robin." She smiles shakily.

Although I'm curious as to how she found me, I decide not to ask because I'm used to it already. All the girls seem to be able to find me where ever I am, like it's some kind of sixth sense.

Robin: "What were you going to do to me in my sleep?...again?" I ask her flatly.

Her face flares up as she turns away.

Clarissa: "You don't get to know now that you've woken up." She says quickly.

This isn't the first time Clarissa has given me a lap pillow over the months, it happens at least once a week so I'm used to this. I decide to allow myself to sink in her lap and continue to rest.

Clarissa: "Did you have a nice nap?" She smiles, settling into our position quite quickly.

Robin: "Yeah, a nice nap indeed." I sigh contently.

Clarissa bites her lip a bit, Natalie's telltale sign of her hesitation in asking a question. It's hard not to think of Natalie when I'm with Clarissa, they just act and look so alike.

I've even called Clare, Natalie, once by mistake when I woke up in her lap for the first time.

I close my eyes for a moment and compose myself, she's not Natalie.

Robin: "Is there something you want to ask me Clare?" I ask her as my eyes open again.

She her eyes widen in surprise for a short moment then settles into a fond gaze. She blinks it away like an old memory and smiles softly at me again.