chapter 5- Seeking Answers

Siddarth's POV

The next morning, she was not in the room and nowhere in my sight, making me realize that she hadn't returned from the outhouse. I proceeded to the washroom and did my morning business and got ready in a crisp three-piece Armani suit.

I walked downstairs in the hall to find her standing near the dining table in a beautiful Saree and I couldn't help but stare at her. I saw her checking me out and as I saw her she turned her face away. A smirk came to my face automatically. My mouth watered as I tasted the Halwa and I remarked that it was very delicious without thinking about the person who made it. I saw her smile widen when she heard my comment. Her smile can make me completely crazy. My mind shouted:

Control Siddarth.... Control your thoughts.

Later, when I learned she had made the Halwa, I changed my comment, making her a wee bit furious, but she quickly hid her expression, and her smile returned. She is damn cute. Then suddenly Diya and Jiya came and started yelling at her. She was standing there listening to them. Diya and Jiya did not realize what they were saying and to whom. I did a bit of research about her and learned that she is called the silent lioness of the industry. Even top industrialists are afraid to speak a word against her but here this girl is letting my sisters insult her. I am pretty confused because her background check is the complete opposite of what she is doing right now. The girl who once looked into the eyes of rivals and they didn't dare look up again is tolerating humiliation from my sisters, but why? Where I know my family, they will be happy if she talks back. Diya and Jiya are crossing their limits now. Having waited for her, I spoke up to defend her and shut Diya and Jiya up. Then as the drama ended she rushed out of the room and I followed her to make sure that she was okay.

As I followed behind her I saw her standing on the lawn and trying to calm herself down. My mind asked:

Why is she trying to control her anger? Why is she quiet? Without committing any mistake she is bearing the brunt and not answering back but why?

Now I don't know what this girl is trying to do.

Veena entered the lawn just as I was about to get my answers from her, and I could see she was about to burst out. I waited outside to let them finish so that I could talk. Veena shouted "Who are you? Where is the girl I know?"

The question made her look puzzled and even I was unable to figure out what she was asking. Riya asked her the reason behind her question and she started shouting again

"I know a girl named Riya who is humble but too bold for anyone to even look into her eyes with wrong intentions. I know the girl who never heard a word against her and today I couldn't see that girl in you. You are the boldest girl I have ever met. So where is that girl? I can't find her in you after you quietly listened to all that rubbish the girls were speaking."

As her words made more sense, I realized that even others find her behavior strange. Her silence is disturbing others as well, and now my mind was eagerly waiting for her reply.

She tried to reason with her and said "Calm down Veena, I was quiet because the girls forgot their manners but I remembered mine."

Veena wasn't convinced by this stupid reason, and neither was I. Now I couldn't wait any longer and knocked on the partition to get their attention. I asked if I could talk to Riya alone and Veena left the place.

"Silent lioness," I said as I entered the lawn. She looked at me with a confused face.

"The fashion industry calls you by the name of the silent lioness. Right?" I asked to clear her confusion and she just stood there quietly.