CHAPTER 10- A ride full of questions

Siddarth's POV

"Why did you say I am your sister's to be husband? I am your husband and you are my wife. Get this into your head"

What she said next shocked me to the core.....

"You love my sister and I am just a burden for you for the coming year. I have had this in my head since day one" she said in a firm tone.

I shook my head in denial because it's not the truth. How can she think this way?....Or even worse, how can she consider herself a burden?.....I just said harsh words to her that night out of anger and even apologized genuinely. What is this one year about dude....We never did any sort of contract marriage.....Oh my god! She is stuck on the one sided proposal of her sister on the wedding day....Stupid girl....She is my wife and I am getting comfortable with this idea observing her behaviour but she is on some other track.....

"NO! IT'S NOT TRUE" I almost shouted but her expressions did not change even a bit, flinching is a far off idea (What? In general people almost shiver at my tone flinching is just a glimpse)

"YOU ARE MY WIFE. Not some contract. I don't care what happens after a year but I don't love Neha. Moreover, who the hell told you that you are a burden?" I roared.

I absolutely hate the word burden now. I am not head over heels for her...yet...but how can she call herself that when she isn't one...

"Ok, I got your point. I am not a burden but a responsibility instead. As we don't know what the future exactly holds for us. Let's become friends. What do you say?" she asked.

Hmmm...Friendship is the best start so I just nodded.

"Hello, I am Siddarth Roy" I said and forwarded my hand for a handshake.

"Hey, I am Riya Shekhawat" she said and put her hands into mine and they just felt perfect.

"Stop calling yourself that" I told her.

"What?" she asked, confused.

"You are Mrs. Riya shekhawat Roy or better Mrs Riya Siddarth Roy, whatever you like" I told her as a matter of fact. I am not asking her to change her identity for me but at least add me in.

She just smiled and said "Hey, I am Riya"

I looked at her questioningly and understanding my doubt she said "I will say that to my friend once I get comfortable."

I was happy that she called me her friend but she did not say her complete name but I guess I have to wait for now. Then she took her hand back and muttered a quick "bye" and left my cabin.

I stood there still feeling her touch and as I came out of my trance I realised that she has no means of transport to go back and she just left like that. I had to run behind her and my employees were looking at me wide eyed but I couldn't care less so I just ran towards the parking area. I reached there and started to search for her nearby. After looking around for a minute I saw her walking on the other side of the road in the scorching heat. Is she mad or what...I thought. People will laugh it out when I say Riya shekhawat Roy was walking on the roadside without any means of transport and I am sure nobody is gonna believe me.

I crossed the road and indicated to my driver to follow us. I ran behind her and caught her wrist and she stiffened and became alarmed. She turned around with fury in her eyes but thank god she cooled down when she saw me.

"What happened Mr. Roy?" she asked me amused.

I tried to ignore the fact that she addressed me more formally than my employees. She could have called me 'SIR' also (note the sarcasm guys). I just tried but then all my rationality went into the drain and instead of asking her to come along with me I told her