chapter 5

Quinn's POV

It was the week from hell. All I wanted to do is be home, be with my family, be with Wes. I had never met a girl like her. So pure and genuine. I have had a couple of flings throughout the years but because of hockey, they never stuck around it was either "you have no time for me" or I would find out they were just in it because I played hockey. Wesley knew about how things worked for us. How chaotic things would get. How important all of this was to our family. The drive how was long and boring. I was extremely sore and just wanted to take a long nap. I pulled into our driveway to be met with the sight of Luke and Wesley playing basketball, all dressed up for winter. The smile on their faces. Luke was happy. She was happy. I was afraid I wouldn't make her happy.

"Hey, Quinn!" Luke yelled stopping the game.
"Hey Lukey, Wes," I said. I didn't know how she would want me to react to me seeing her. I didn't know what it all meant to her. If she wanted it to be more.

"Wesley, can you help Quinn with his stuff? I will make lunch." Luke said. I took this as my opportunity. I looked at her as I grabbed my bags, I handed her the smallest one, guiding her to my bedroom. I dropped my stuff right away turning towards Wesley grabbing her hand and smashing my lips onto hers. It was like ecstasy. I wanted her to be all mine. I needed her to be all mine. She grabbed my bicep, leaning into me. I slide my tongue on her bottom lip asking for permission as I grabbed her waist. It got heated fast. I set us on my bed as I hovered over her. Her hands were now in my hair making me quietly moan. She laughed. My hands made their way up to the bottom of her shirt tugging on the bottom of it. Her hand slipped undermine, feeling my abs. Barely breaking away from the kiss, I slide my shirt off. I made my way to her neck leaving marks for sure. I know she was holding in her moans which made me frustrated as hell. She pushed me slightly breaking away.

"I can't. The kiss we had the other day was my real first kiss, now this. I wanted this but I am not ready for all of it. I am sorry Quinn." She said fixing her shirt, out of breath as was I. I knew exactly what she meant and I didn't want to push her. I wanted to wait for her. I pulled her into my chest.

"I will wait for you, Wes!" I said kissing the top of her head. I was crazy about her. She nodded and exited my room. I breathed out all my anxieties. She wanted this. I wanted this. I needed this. She left the room looking a bit ashamed, I was curious to know why but I didn't want to push.

"Lunch is ready!" Luke screamed from the kitchen. I entered the room being met by Luke and Wes laughing their ass off.

"What's so funny?" I asked. They both replied with nothing and grabbed plates, putting the Mac and cheese on their plate and sitting down at the dinner table. I had missed moments like these. Eating meals somewhat was a family. The University of Michigan was amazing but it felt nothing like home. My home was here. After lunch, I went to my room to watch the film of the last game. We had lost and I blamed myself for it. I needed to be better since I was drafted by the Vancouver Canucks and the National Hockey League had higher standards. I was really excited to be in the NHL but it meant not seeing my family as much, less than how much I saw them now. I knew this was my future. Hopefully, Jack would have this future too, same with Luke. But everything was so unknown to them. All I knew was my future. Everything is happening too quickly and it was scaring the shit out of me. I feel like a fifteen-year-old stuck in a twenty-five's body. I was exhausted.

"Quinn."

"Quintin Jerome Hughes get your ass up now, I have a game in an hour and a half hours, and aren't you coming!" I heard Luke scream at me laughing. He knew I hated my middle name so much so I tried to keep it as hush-hush as possible.

"I am up Luke god damn it!" I yelled back getting up from my bed. Luke was already bag in hand, his warm-up attire on, and had his ritualistic iced coffee in his hand. I grabbed my wallet and keys, heading towards the front door.

"By the way, Wesley is in the car. She is watching me play today, I hope that is okay with you." He said. I nodded my head, I started to get nervous. I didn't want things to be awkward. Especially around Luke because then he would start asking questions. I opened the driver's door to see Wes in the back seat and Luke on the passenger side. He plugged his phone into the aux and played his game-day playlist which consisted of rap with TONS of profanity! Luke was a rap guy unlike Jack and I's game day playlist which contained slower music like country.

"If I ever said I'm never scared

Just know I mean it
If I ever said I fucked your bitch
Just know I mean it
And if I ever said I'm gettin' money
Just know I mean it
And oh Lord, oh Lord knows
He knows I mean it"

Luke and Wesley both said along to G Eazy's 'I mean it'. Looking at each other and pointed when the lyrics sang, "If I ever said I fucked your bitch, Just know I mean it". Which made me laugh, the energy that Wesley and Luke gave off when there were together was like two 20-year-old girls in a club. Once we pulled up to the rink, Luke jumped out and grabbed his bag. Leaving Wes and I in the car awkwardly. I parked the car, both of us getting out now heading into the rink for Luke's game.