chapter 21

Quinn's POV 

"It was all a lie," Cole said. Had I been eavesdropping to hear some sort of clarity I needed. Yes. I had only done this to Jack's door. She was a liar. She knew everything about us which was the scary thing and at this point, she could end us and our careers. I love her but I don't know what I got myself into. I don't know if I can love someone that has held back things from me and lied to all of us. 

Did I love her or have I loved her. Present or past, now or before. Did I give her everything I could? I don't know, I could have been a better boyfriend, that I can say but I never lied to her. I never did anything to intentionally hurt her and she repays me for this. "It was all a lie" just kept replaying in my head. I tugged at my hair trying to make it go away, my hands sweaty from the anxiety I was experiencing. How could she do this to me? How could she do this to my family? The way I loved her was like no one else in my life, I spent time with her when I could have been focusing more on my future. I have our relationship my all because I wanted her in my life forever. I could see a future with her. Later down the road, getting married and having kids, teaching them how to play hockey and watch them grow up, growing old with her and going on dates till we no longer can walk. I thought she was my forever and to think if this never happened. Would I have never known that she was lying to me, I would continue in our relationship and never hear her reasoning behind hiding in plain sight. What was she even hiding from? That was one of many questions I needed the answer to but I knew in my head that this, what I have with Wes, needed to be done. But I knew in my heart that this would break me and her she had already cracked it. This was going to make me suffer but what she did to me was unforgivable. Honesty was one of the main structures of a relationship and she couldn't even give me that. She couldn't give anyone that. I stood up from the bed I had made love to her on, the bed I told her I was in love with her on, the one that I cuddled with her on. I needed air. I walked out to the hallway to see her leaning against the wall a couple of doors down. She was staring at nothing, her eyes empty and her body looked drained. It took everything in me to walk over to her, stand in front, and say the words I did not want to say but knew I had to...

"I think we should take a break," I state. She stands at me stunned, mouth open, eyes watering, absolutely stunned at my statement, and then I walked away. 

Hi! I hope you loved this chapter as much as I did!

Question... what is your favorite NHL hockey team? 

xoxo,

missjennagrace

You're not alone! Please seek help if needed.

Information about domestic abuse.

Call: 1-800-799-safe (7233)

or TTY 1-800-787-3244

Text: "START" to 88788

The National Suicide Prevention Hotline:

1-800-273-8255

If you are having thoughts of hurting yourself please reach out to a trusted friend, family, or crisis line. My messages are also always open.