chapter 22

Wesley's POV

"I think we should take a break." I stood there stunned. I couldn't believe what I had just heard him say. I knew I had lost one of the best things that had ever happened to me. 

This was six weeks ago. I had taken a uber back home, leaving without telling anyone anything, I had nothing to say to any of them. From then, it was all radio silence, I have heard nothing from Jack or Luke and I didn't even care if Quinn would have tried to reach out. Cole would text me almost daily, seeing how I was doing and making sure I was going to my therapy and substance abuse sessions. I was focusing on my school work and I decided to get a job at a coffee shop in town. I love it there, it was therapeutic making the coffee and it smelled divine. I have been getting all A's on tests and have fully completed homework on time. I was thriving. A bit of me missed my past crazy life, having to be placed to help others. I was a people pleaser and I was okay with that, but now being with only myself, I felt like I was missing something. I was angry at Jack for putting me in a horrible decision, I was mad he kept it from me for so long and I was mad that he never reached out. He probably knew I needed space but this long of nothing, it was like he didn't even care anymore. Luke was a little brother to me so not hearing anything from him was like a slap in my face. I mean I could have reached out but I was too afraid to. 

"Welcome to Joe's! How can I he-" I stood there not knowing what to do as I saw him walk into the store. The customer's voice was muffled as he caught me looking at him. He smiled and gave me a small wave. My lip curled into a smile.

"Hey!" The customer yelled at me. I looked up and got the order, I began to make the coffee she order, I tried to focus but I just couldn't. He made his way to a table and sat down, his fingers typing away on his phone. A half-hour passededpassed until I could finally get free from behind the counter, I headed straight to his table where he sat. I pulled out a chair and put myself on it. 

"Hey W," He said anxiously. 

"Hey, J," I said, his hands reached out to mine and rubbed them soothingly. His eyes were remorseful and his body seemed full of anxiety. 

"I am sorry I didn't reach out. I had to pry at Cole to get information on where you were since I knew you weren't at your house because your car wasn't there." He said. " I knew you needed space. What happened at the hotel? How did you get home? Cole wouldn't say anything but "It was all a lie." He stated. Good Cole didn't tell anything to anyone, he was looking out for me and helping me out through this tough time in my life and I appreciated it so much. Maybe I was open to telling him some things. Maybe it would help to finally understand what my secret life was and why I have been hiding it. 

"Meet me at the diner at 7 pm. I ne7 to tell you some things." I said as I saw the line forming at the counter that I was supposed to be attending to. 

You're not alone! Please seek help if needed.

Information about domestic abuse.

Call: 1-800-799-safe (7233)

or TTY 1-800-787-3244

Text: "START" to 88788

The National Suicide Prevention Hotline:

1-800-273-8255

If you are having thoughts of hurting yourself please reach out to a trusted friend, family, or crisis line. My messages are also always open.