im sorry

Jay walked into the locker room to see Emily freshening up since it was now 6:45pm and she would be going for dinner with her dad very soon, "hey, you feeling alright?" He walked over to her. She looked up from her phone and smiled back, "yeah, I'm just trying not to think about it too much" she shrugged.  He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her, "everything's gonna be okay em, I'm sorry" he smiled weakly through the mirror.  She smiled back, "I know it will and besides, I've finally realised I'm never gonna have the good relationship Ive always wanted with my dad, I just need to digest what's really happening after its all over" she sighed truthfully.  He smiled and planted a kiss on her forehead as he turned her around, "I'm here for you" he nodded.  She smiled back, game time...

Emily readjusted the wire on the inside of her jacket as she stood at her dads doorstep waiting for him to let her in, "hey sorry, I was upstairs" Mike huffed and let her in. She nodded, "why've you started locking doors?" She took her jacket off and placed it around a dining room chair so the team could hear everything, "burglaries have been increasing around here, I don't wanna be next" he sighed. She nodded understandably, "beer?" He tilted his head. She shook her head, "no thanks" she smiled weakly, she could sense how awkward this was becoming already.  "Coke?" He added, she smiled weakly and nodded, "sure" she smiled.  He nodded again, he can see why she doesn't drink around him.

"So, what've you been up to?" He sat down and passed her a can of coke. She happily accepted as the food was laid onto the table, "not much, works been pretty busy, but nothing too special. You?" She tucked into her Sunday dinner as did Mike. He shrugged, "same old same old, nothing different" he shrugged again. She nodded, but is that the truth? "So, what kinda cases you been dealing with?" He added curiously. She sighed, "you know I can't go into detail, but it's mainly just drug and gang related cases, we've nailed a couple of big suppliers around the city" she nodded, making eye contact. He pulled an impressed face, "nice, you haven't happened to pop Delgado have you?" He chuckled nervously.

                   She looked at him through raised eyebrows, "I can't tell you about who we have and haven't popped dad, how'd you even know about him anyways?" She nodded.  He shrugged, "no reason" he huffed.  She pulled a face, "he's just a pretty notorious dealer that's all, not many people know about him" she shrugged.  Mike looked at her angrily, "are you implying I deal drugs?" He scoffed.  She sat up, "well do you?" She put her cutlery down.  He laughed in disbelief, "I can't believe you think that low of me, of course I don't" he calmed himself down. She nodded halfheartedly, "just asking" she shrugged. He looked at her but scanned her face, she knows, he thought to herself.

"Why were you wanting to know?" He added. She looked up from eating, "I wasn't, you brought it up and I'm a cop, so I'm gonna get curious dad" she raised her eyebrows. He laughed, "you cops these days" he mumbled to himself. She raised her eyebrows, "call us all you like, but we're the ones who bring these dealers off the street" she laughed and shook her head.

Jay looked at hank as they sat in the back of the van, "it sounds bitter" hank nodded. Jay sighed, "yeah, it's always been like that. I've only talked to him a few times but he's never really changed" he shrugged. Hank nodded, god this woman has a lot of secrets about her past...

"Off the streets? Is that where you think they belong?" He laughed. She raised her eyebrows, "sure you're so bothered? They're bad guys dad, they do nothing but ruin innocent lives" she looked at him suspiciously. He sighed, "sometimes you guys don't look into the other half of the story" he rolled his eyes. Emily sat up, "really? And how would you know?" She nodded. He stopped eating, "huh? Why're you so intrigued about this?" She laughed. He scoffed, "I deal okay? I deal..." he admitted and slammed his fork down onto the table. She looked at him in shock, "and not just a little bit either, I deal big product, and Delgados out for my ass, I'm in a lot of debt, and I need your help" he added, his voice sounded panicked yet stern.