we're here...

*two days later*

"Any news yet?" Jay sighed as his daughter stirred around on his chest. Will leant in the doorway with a small smile on his face, "she's hanging in there, her stats are improving if nothing else. I think she's gonna be okay, maybe not fully, but definitely okay" he nodded. Jay frowned, "what do you mean not fully?" He sighed as looked down at Gracie who was laying on his chest.  Will smiled sadly but took a seat opposite his brother and his niece, "she'll wake up eventually, but her body's been through a lot. What happened is traumatic, and she's not out of the woods yet. There's still a high chance that her body could suffer from long term effects, postnatal depression is a high risk too. We just have to wait and see" he shrugged slightly.

Jay sighed, "can we see her again?" He looked up at his brother. The red head nodded sincerely and smiled, "sure, you might need to put Gracie back in the incubator though" he nodded again. Jay smiled and stood up as Will approached him, the doctor helped the brunette by placing his niece into the cage like incubator again. The newborn still hasn't met her mother and the doctors/psychiatrists are worried about how this might affect both Gracie and Emily, purely in the mind...

"Take it easy" will held the door open as jay rolled Gracie into Emily's room. Jay nodded and slowly strolled over to Emily's bed as Will left them alone for a while. He took a seat next to her bed and grabbed a hold of Emily's hand, she still had the engagement ring on her left ring finger. "we're here..." he spoke shakily. Little did he know how long he had been sat there after a few moments of silence, he was only snapped out of thought by Grace who seemed to be discomforted by the quietness. He smiled weakly and looked down at his baby, the proudness which rushed over him was unreal, but all he wanted was for Emily to meet her baby, and even more for her to just wake up.

He picked Gracie up and held her close to the bed so he could allow for her to cling onto Emily's fingers, particularly her thumb, just so she was aware of her mother. He knows for a fact that Emily is going to wake up feeling absolutely distraught, not only has she missed out on crucial bonding time with their baby, which she'll beat herself up over, she's going to be a hot mess for a while... He sighed sadly and placed his hand over gracies so all three of them were together, this is his biggest nightmare, but at least he still has Gracie, he still has a part of Emily with him no matter what happens. She has to wake up, it can't end here...

*hiiiii... I'm so sorry about the long wait :/ I never usually experience writers block but oml I've never been more so stumped for ideas in my life before... This chapters short, Ik, but don't worry since the others are longer :)*