Doubt

x- Todoroki's POV -x-

"After all, you have to deal with me first," Deku announced, chuckling.

A smirk spread across his face, and his eyes began to glow. A bright green light emanated from them-one that felt off.

"Deku?" Uraraka croaked, visibly shaking, "What are you doing?"

Midoriya threw his hands up the air, giving way to a booming laugh.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" he shook his head, smiling from ear to ear. "Honestly, I'm sick of this whole hero thing. Really wasn't worth my time. But... The League, on the other hand, showed me that I didn't have to be a hero to make a difference." He smirked. "Instead, I could be a villain."

His eyes radiated light, sending shivers down my spine.

I narrowed my eyes, not believing his words. "You're lying. What'd they do to you?"

He gave a hearty laugh, then responded. "Wow, Todoroki. Always so quick to jump to conclusions." His eyes pierced through my soul, eyebrows furrowing as a straight line replaced his once prominent smile. "I'm telling the truth. I refuse to be a weakling anymore. I refuse to stick to the ridiculous ideals of a hero."

He closed his eyes and shrugged his shoulders, amused. "Todoroki, out of everyone here, I honestly would've expected you to become the villain. With all of those problems with your dad and all."

My heart sank. "Midoriya," I whispered, "I know that's not you."

Tsuyu piped up. "Midoriya, why are you acting like this?"

He glanced over at her, eyes narrowed. "Froggy, I don't believe I was talking to you... Why don't you go run off with Uraraka-we all know you're weaklings," he hissed.

The girls were visibly upset, but attempted to keep their cool.

Then, I got an idea. "Yes, Uraraka, Tsuyu, go." I lowered my voice. "Let Aizawa know what's going on."

Midoriya grinned. "Keeping secrets, are we? Why don't you share with the class?"

I smirked, firing off a wall of ice at him. "NOW!" I signaled them to go.

Midoriya jumped backwards, doing a double take between me and the girls. "Oh, I see what's going on here... You think I'll let you get away that easily?"

He launched towards the pair, leaving himself vulnerable. Thinking quickly, I sent another ice attack his way, knocking him off his balance.

Catching himself, he watched as the girls ran away, then turned his attention towards me. "Fine," he spat, "I guess I'll just have to beat you before anyone shows up."

"It's not going to be that easy," I retorted, attempting to distract him for as long as possible.

With a simple smile, he replied, "We'll see about that."

In the blink of an eye, he was in front of me, only giving me a split second to block his attack.

His fist shattered the wall of ice, sending sparkling shards flying through the air. He's stronger... Faster... How?

"Nice, Todoroki. Or rather, Ice," he laughed at his own joke, "But that won't work forever."

"How are you even moving with all of those injuries?" I demanded the answer.

Midoriya chuckled. "Nice observation, Todoroki. Well, not really, but whatever," he spoke, "You see, quite a bit of them are fake!"

"What?" I simply asked.