There You Are

-x- Deku's POV -x-

The ground shook beneath us as a thundering weight came down, causing each of us to fall.

"What was that?" Iida asked, rubbing his head.

Curious, we quickly built ourselves back into a pyramid, with Kirishima and Yaoyorozu at the top.

Peering over the edge, Kirishima's eyes widened. "Gang Orca and Mount Lady? Woah, even Best Jeanist is here!"

"And Mr. Tiger, too!" Yaoyorozu pointed out.

Although I was unable to see, I could hear the conversation that was occurring on the other side of the wall.

Mount Lady groaned, clearly. "Are these gross dudes really alive?" Sighing, she shifted her weight. "I thought we'd be in for a fight, but this was super easy! Maybe we should've left this to the police and gone with All Might."

Best Jeanist quickly shot her down. "Difficulty and importance are two very different things, rookie." After finishing up with his statement, he switched his attention. "Riot squad! Get the transports ready. There could be more of them. Be on your guard!"

"C'mon Ragdoll, wake up for me!" Tiger's voice called out.

"Is that your teammate?" Gang Orca attempted to reassure Tiger, "She's breathing. That's good."

His voice dripped with concern. "Yes but... Look at her! What have they done to you, my friend?"

"Everything's fine, the heroes were on top of this way before we were!" Iida said, my attention switching to him.

Kirishima smiled, visibly relieved. "This is great"

"Now then, let's get back home. At least we won't have to explain ourselves!" Iida said cheerfully.

Hearing a loud crash, I turned towards the source of the noise. "It sounded like All Might is somewhere else. Does that mean he's rescued Kaachan?"

"If All Might's on the scene, there's no reason for us to worry," Yaoyoruz commented, "Let's go, quick!"

"Right," Todoroki said simply.

As I walked, I felt just as much relief as the rest of them. However, my blood ran cold as I heard another voice, stopping me in my tracks.

"I'm sorry Tiger, but Ragdoll's quirk was so useful. I just had to take it. How could I not?" the man chuckled. No, I thought, It can't be...

"Are you with the League?" Gang Orga questioned.

Tiger's voice called out, "Somebody get us a light!"

Interrupting them, the man continued to speak. "Since my body was mostly destroyed, I haven't been able to stock up on quirks."

"Stop it right there! Don't move!" Gang Orca ordered.

"Hey, you can't attack like that!" Mount Lady shouted, "What if he's just a bystander?!"

Best Jeanist's voice was stern as he yelled back, clearly being the one who attacked. "Think about the situation! A moment of hesitation could decide the fight! We can't let these villains try ANYTHING!"

My head pounded as the exchange went on, stopping suddenly as there was a large explosion. It's him.

---

The sounds of clapping echoed throughout the wreckage, only rubble being left in the explosion's wake. Peering through the cracked wall, my eyes widened at the sight of him. All For One.

Each of the heroes' bodies were strewn about, damaged severely in the blast. The only one left untouched was All For One, who was slowly making his way towards them.

"I see why you're the Number 4 hero, Best Jeanist," the man complimented, "That blast should've annihilated the lot of you.... But you were able to manipulate everyone's clothing and pull them out of the way just in time. Quick thinking. Consider me... Impressed."

Best Jeanist's ragged breaths were audible, the man obviously in immense pain. Blood pools wet the ground with red as he lay there, shaking. "It's him," he whispered in a hoarse voice.

He remained silent for a few moments before speaking up, though in a strained voice. "It wasn't supposed to go like this." He attempted to raise himself up using his quirk, groaning with each movement. "But that doesn't matter... A TRUE HERO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN EXCUSES!"

His eyes had a determined look in them as he shot the jean material towards All For One, clearly intending to strike. However, he was quickly shot down with a blast of All For One's own, shooting a hole straight through the man's stomach.

Falling, blood exploded into the air, a pained gurgle coming from Best Jeanist's throat as he fell limp.

"Now I see," All For One said as he pointed towards the unconscious man, "Your strength comes from practice and practical experience, not raw power. I don't need your quirk. It wouldn't pair well with Tomura's disposition."

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see my fellow classmates visibly shaking, horrified looks present on their faces. Terrified myself, I felt my entire body trembling, unable to move.

Though frightened, my ears perked up at the sound of coughing, a voice coming from nowhere. Kaachan.

"My apologies, Bakugou," All For One said.

"Huh?"

It seemed as if he might continue to speak, but was interrupted by the gags and coughs of others.

"That was so gross!" a girl complained. For a moment, I was confused, but my eyes widened with the realization that I knew that voice. Toga. It was the League of Villains that appeared.

Twice spoke up as well, "That black stuff reeks! I love it!"

"Master...," Shigaraki rasped.

"So, you've failed once more, Tomura," All For One addressed the man, walking towards him. "But do not be discouraged. You'll try again. That's why I brought your associates back with you. Even this child. Because you judged that he was an important piece on your game board." All For One spoke as if he were reassuring a child. "Start over as many times as it takes. I am here to provide you with help. All of this... Is for you."

The silence fell over the area like a thick fog. I trembled as I stood there, squeezing my eyes shut. I can't freak out now, I told myself, I have to remember why I'm here. Because it's my fault he was captured in the first place. Now he's right there in front of me!

A realization struck me. All For One doesn't seem to have realized we're here. Otherwise he wouldn't talk so freely in front of us. There are 6 or 7 meters separating us from Kaachan. With Full Cowl I can get there in less than a second. Millions of thoughts ran through my mind, doubt invading my thoughts. But... Could I get away...? Where would we run to next? I'd be putting the others in danger. That won't work. I need a plan!

I stepped forwards, intending to do something. However, I was quickly stopped by Iida, balling up his fists in my shirt to prevent my going forwards.

With a glance his way, I was able to see the fear and resentment in each of their eyes. The disappointment they were feeling within themselves.

All For One's voice cut through the air, sending a chill down my spine. "Ah, there you are."

---

OG NOTES:

I'm ridiculously excited, legggoooooo

This is another part where it'll slightly stray off the story, by the way. All Might will show up, but All For One is addressing Midoriya when he says "Ah, there you are," instead of All Might.

Anyways, thanks for reading! <3