i | xxxx. full house

Early Christmas day was spent with Lily, Lyra, and Remus preparing food for the feast that would be taking place later in the evening while Sirius, Harry, James, and Ron talked about James' and Sirius' years at Hogwarts. They talked about the pranks they played, the people they hung out around, and how each couple got together.

Lyra was helping to set up the vegetables on a tray and arranging the table while Lily prepared ham and chicken for a variety of meat options. Remus was getting the ingredients out of the cabinets for making cookies so that they would be readily available for him and Lyra when they mixed the dough together.

"Aunt Lily, could you hand me the cutting board?" asked Lyra.

"Here, honey," responded Lily while she handed the little girl the simple wooden cutting board and the knife she had already used for cutting most of the vegetables.

"Thank you," said Lyra as she began cutting up extra cucumbers because they were her favorite part of the homemade veggie tray.

"Cub? Did you want to put out some fruit, too, or just the veggie tray?" Remus asked his daughter.

"Ooh, can we have strawberries and blueberries?" Lyra asked with excitement.

"Sure thing," Remus chuckled, pulling out the two containers that held the red and blue berries from the refrigerator. Handing his little girl the tubs for her to put neatly on the table, Remus grinned at her enthusiasm for her healthy foods.

That was one thing all of the adults Lyra knew always prided her on — her love for healthy food.

At birthday parties, large events, and holiday celebrations, Lyra never failed to seek out the platters of various fruits and vegetables. She would rarely grab cookies, cakes, or other sweet treats and if she did, it was following her consumption of a large portion of hand-held healthy foods. Remus, Sirius, Lily, and James were always bragging about this fact to anyone and everyone who would listen when they attended such parties.

"Ly, come here for a minute, sweetheart," Sirius called as he hung in the doorway to the kitchen with one hand holding the door frame.

"What for?" she asked in return as she put the knife she had been using to cut up the strawberry on the counter.

"Harry and Ron just wanted to see you again," he shrugged, walking away. "Maybe they just miss you."

"Be back in a little bit," Lyra said to her dad and aunt while she followed her other father to see her two friends. She walked into the living room and was met with the sight of Harry and Ron sitting on the floor, both wearing knit sweaters with their initials on them. Ron wore a maroon sweater with a yellow 'R' in the center while Harry wore a blue one with the familiar yellow stitching, but it was shaped like an 'H' into his; they were Weasley Christmas sweaters. Lyra received one as well, but she didn't want to accidentally get something on it as she prepared the family feast.

"What is it?" Lyra asked the two boys on the floor.

"There seemed to be a knock at the door. But, as it is your house, we decided you should be the one to answer it," Ron stated bluntly, staring up at the girl.

"Harry, you practically live here, as well. You could've answered," Lyra reasoned, crossing her arms.

"But I don't invite people over without telling you," Harry reasoned.

"So what about Ron? I didn't invite him over," shrugged Lyra accusingly.

"Hey!" exclaimed Ron, but he was ignored.

"I said 'without telling you.' I told you Ron would be coming over, didn't I?" Harry rationalized.

"No — " started Lyra before being cut off by another knock at the door. This time, she heard the knock and wasn't just told about it. "One second!" she yelled through the house before turning back to the boys. "This is not over, Harry James Potter," she hissed before strutting to the door.