prologue

PROLOGUE
( the enemies turn to lovers )

she's theirs. so I recommend to leave her alone.

━━━❃━━━

FAYE O'RILEY was seated next to Ali Mills one of her best friends in English Literature, while some of her other ones were seated around the class

FAYE O'RILEY was seated next to Ali Mills one of her best friends in English Literature, while some of her other ones were seated around the class. Behind them were Johnny Lawrence and Bobby Brown, Ali's ex-boyfriend and Faye's two ex-best friends. When she found out Ali was dating him, she avoided the blonde as if she were the plague, but now since they're no longer together, they both were stuck by the hip.

Faye is going to be honest, she missed the boys, the ones she knew. The kind, caring, selfless boys who always looked out for her, the boys present she had no clue who they were. They were the boys who were self-centred and hateful, it hurt her, Ali told her when she and Johnny were dating, he was sweet, they all were to her until the breakup.

"Ali, what's the answer to question e." She mumbles, the blonde girl looks at her.

"Faye, this isn't a test. We can make mistakes and fix them." She whispers back chuckling at the girl who looked shocked.

"Oh." Faye looks at her sheet, "my bad."

"Faye, this is what happens when you don't go to bed at a decent time." She says quite loudly, but the teacher did not turn around or make an attempt to call her out.

"It's not my fault. Blame it on the hot guys pinned to my wall." Faye jokes, a smirk makes it's way to her lips.

"Ah, the Robb Lowe and Tom Cruise posters." Ali chuckles while staring at her friend who gives her a cheeky smile. "The two guys that seem to have caught your attention."

"– With their handsome faces and their mysterious eyes." Faye whispers as she slips into a dreamy state, Ali pretends to gag.

Ali was about to open her mouth, but Johnny butted in. "Hey, Ali." Both girls rolled their eyes while the Blonde girl turned around to him, Faye looked in the corner of her eyes and eyed him carefully, she met eyes with Bobby before she she averted them. She could still feel his stare nailing the back of her head, she instead stares at Ali, who narrows her eyes.

Ali saw both boy look at Faye, before her ex-boyfriend turned to her, "can we talk after class?"

"No, me and Faye have things to do." She wasn't lying, they both were going to go to the beach with their friends, listen to music and have a mini bonfire.

"Oh, yeah!" She startled the three of them. "Ali, I have six packets of marshmallows in my bag!"

"Faye!" Ali scolded, "that's too much sugar! You could have a heart attack or something."

The small girl turns her head to her friend and pouts, showing off her puppy eyes. "Pwetty pwease." She begs in a baby voice knowing Ali couldn't say no to that.

"Ugh, fine."

"Ali, I really need to talk to you, it will only be for two minutes." He sounded desperate.

Faye snorts, "hormonal teenage boy." She mutters.

Ali clasps her hand over her mouth and tries not to laugh out loud and get into trouble. However, Johnny stares at her with a glare while Bobby has a small smile, but his eyes did narrow at her slightly.

"What did you say, O'Riley?" Johnny sneers.

"I said 'hormonal teenage boy,'" she says erasing her mistake out, "that's what you are, desperate for your ex-girlfriends attention. How cute."

She said it bravely, Ali knew she was playing with fire. She was now fully turned around to them, they hadn't seen her up close for about five years now, sure they had all seen her around but, here she was and she beautiful. She didn't have her baby fat anymore, she had matured over the years. Her periwinkle eyes sparked with anger, her pink plump lips puckered up into a sneer and her flushed cheeks were getting slightly redder as her mood changed.

For once both boys were silent, they're best frie- well old friend was here in front of them, instead she was confident, she also looked strong-willed. She had also grown a temper which now they were just noticing. Both boys really missed her now that they stare at her, they just wanted to hug her, but instead they stay seated.

"You have a lot of nerve." Johnny began as he felt embarrassed, but the bell had cut him off. Ali flew from her seat and grabbed everything and Faye while leaving.

Both of them started fixing their bags, Faye was listening to Ali voice her concern at the fact that she got angry out of nowhere, but she also understood. Both girls were too busy talking and didn't realise the bumped into three other boys. And just Faye's luck it was them.

"Watch it, Mills." Dutch says angrily, but turned to stare at his old childhood friend, his anger disappears at the sight of her.

She could see Tommy and Jimmy staring at her with the same awed look that Dutch gave her. She rolls her eyes and meets them with Ali's, "like I said, hormonal teenage boys." She mutters, Ali finally let out a laugh and started to pull her away. But before she could get away to go meet up with her friends to go home, a bigger hand grabbed her smaller one, she squeezed her eyes shut before turning, she was met with Dutch in her face.

"Can you let go of my hand? I'm pretty sure I didn't give you permission to touch me." She says, roughly trying to get her arm free from his grasp, but he held it in a firm grasp.

"The next time you bump into us, I'll not let it go." Dutch snarls causing her to smirk.

"Then why are you, dumbass?"  She tilted her head mocking him in a weird tone.

His grip tightened and she winced, "c'mon, Dutch." Jimmy mumbles not wanting to cause a scene.

Dutch glares at the boy behind him but reluctantly let her go. He puffs out his chest as he glares down at her, she knew it was a bad idea but she smirked while glaring back. She wasn't the same girl they used to know, she was different.

Ali pulls her away and into the back of Susan's car, the girls drove off and headed down to the beach missing the longing looks the five boys gave behind her.

━━━❃━━━
vote, comment & follow!

━━━❃━━━vote, comment & follow!