three

━━━❃━━━

━━━━━━

THE NEXT DAY FAYE MET DANIEL OUTSIDE HIS BUILDING and watched as he trailed out with his bike and another boy who was in his ear. They both stopped once they saw her and the girl just waved at them, "morning, Daniel!"

She watched the dark-haired boy say something into Daniel's ear before watching the boy walk up to the girl. "Hey, Faye. Still up for that ride?"

"Well I'm here, aren't I?" She laughs as he got on, he left a little bit of room for her on the back, it took them some time and laughs, but she soon got balance. Her feet lifted up and sat on the metal that was over the tires and put her hands on his shoulders. "Let's go!"

The rode down the streets and up to the car park of the school, she starting whooping capturing peoples attention. Everyone's eyes were on the new kid and one of the most popular girls at school – of course this was going to be the biggest gossip of the day. Faye didn't even notice the stares she got from five boys who were chatting with one another or taking a look of their bikes at the time. Not one were happy.

Faye had gotten off and waited with him to tie up his bike and head into the school with him. "C'mon, we both English together." She said dragging him to class by the arm, she couldn't help but giggle as he almost fell over.

They both walked into the classroom, "good morning, Mrs Cooper." They mumble as they made there was to the back left corner. This is where they'd both sat yesterday while being stared down by Tommy who'd been drilling holes into the side of their faces. It was a good thing Daniel had the window seat.

The class had started yet again, she could see Tommy from across the classroom eyeing them up. She sighs and rolls her eyes before putting her right hand against her cheeks and sneakily sticking up the middle finger in his direction. She would've laughed if it wasn't for Mrs Cooper standing in front of her desk helping another student.

"Psst, Daniel." She whispers glancing at him in the corner of her eye. He turns towards her and goes back to his paper showing that he was still listening, "what do I write down for question 10?"

He looks up and stares at her dumbfounded, "Faye...you do know that this isn't a test, right? We can make mistakes and fix them."

"Oh, my bad." She mumbles before biting on her lip. "That's exactly what Ali said to me."

Daniel splutters, "what are you implying?"

"You two are alike." She laughs quietly at the faces he kept making.

"I do not-" he grumpily said as the bell rang over his words, "I'm sure....I'm sure it's just a coincidence!"