ten

━━━❃━━━

━━━━━━

"YOU WEREN'T KIDDIN', PRINCESS." Dutch says as he walks out of Detention with Faye, "you really can be a little rebel." Faye rolls her eyes and continues to adjust her bag on her back, his dark eyes were practically drilling holes into the side of her head, so fidgeting was the only option.

They both ended up silently walking down the hall, neither of them said anything. She'd glance at him a couple of times, and he'd stare at her throughout the walk. She didn't know why, but Dutch seemed to make her nervous and he didn't used to – none of them used to; she was always so comfortable around her friends and when she lost them – they didn't feel like them..only different.

Faye realised they were outside and she looked at him, "I'll see you tomorrow." She says with a tight-lipped smile before beginning to walk away, but a firm hand grabbed her wrist.

"How are you getting home?" Dutch asks her as he turns her back around.

The girl looked at him, "I'm walking, well, I'm going to take the bus." She says meeting his eyes this time and noticing how he seemed to be in thought – Faye was surprised to actually witness him using his brain, no offence, obviously.

"I'll give you a ride," he says now with a very smug look upon his face. "You'll get home safely with me, I promise," he said wiggling his eyebrows causing the girl to roll her eyes.

"I'm good," he looks at her almost immediately. "I'll get the bus."

It was his turn to roll his eyes, "you scared, Princess?"

"Of you? Never." Dutch didn't believe her, he wasn't upset he loved when people feared him, but when it came to Faye he hated it.

"I won't be reckless if that's what you're worried about." He grunts out, "but I ain't going slow like Bobby."

Faye thought about it, "or I could just take the bus." She shrugs almost bursting out laughing at the look of frustration that was written all over his face. He takes a step closer to her causing Faye to look up and continued to stare into her eyes without blinking, it turned into a staring contest between the two. Faye bit her lip, she was never good at this when they were younger, Dutch had always won.

It had been a couple of seconds until Faye blinked, "ha! You're coming with me, you lasted longer than I expected." He said dragging a pouting Faye to his bike, "c'mon, stop the pouting, we all know I'm your favourite."

"Right....." she trails off causing Dutch to scoff and turn around to her with his stupid smirk.

"Oh come on! Surely, I'm the favourite, right?" He says stopping next to his bike. Faye wasn't sure to either burst his bubble or just lie to him, so she chose the first option.