Chapter 2- Meeting Mr. Taylor

Kendall POV

I wake up feeling pretty refreshed. I stretch out across my bed before getting up to shower. I had a long nights sleep after a tiring week. We spent the first week here unpacking our stuff and learning our way around the area. My mom met her new boss and coworkers and seems to be very happy.

After I shower and get ready my nerves start getting the better of me. Today is my first day at my new school and it's also my mom's first day at work. A buzz from my phone gets my attention.

Have a great first day. Miss you. -Jordan

My heart flutters in my chest. He is so sweet and caring. I type up a quick response.

Thank you. I am nervous but I am going to do my best to get through it. Miss you too. 😘

I hit the send button and put my phone away in my bookbag. My mom and I wish each other a great first day as we both head out the door. My mom offers to drive me but I decide to walk to help ease some of my nerves. It's nice that the school is only a few blocks from my house.

I walk into the school and head to the front office to get my schedule. They greet me warmly and I am off to find my first class. I am walking the halls slowly and I get a series of dirty looks, wolf whistles, and snickers. Wow. Not a good start. I find my first class and walk inside and introduce myself to the teacher.

"Guys this is Kendall Thomas. She is new here. Please make her feel welcome." The teacher says in a semi monotone voice.

The class just stares back at me with looks of disgust and complete indifference. Wow this is going to be a great junior year I think to myself. I find an empty seat towards the back of the room. Two girls keep whispering and laughing and looking my way. Then I notice a very nerdy guy push his glasses down and raise his eyebrows my way as he checked me out.

Gross.

I sit in class trying to pay attention while the other kids goof off and talk. Is it always like this? After a very painful class period, the bell rings and I am back to searching for my next class. I am definitely not in my small town of Redbud anymore. If we would see new students we went out of our way to help them. Not one person has even offered to show me around or just be even the slightest bit nice to me. Gosh this is going to be the worst year ever I can just feel it.

I suddenly almost run into a couple making out heavily in the hallway. I immediately side step them but accidentally bump into someone hard in the process and almost fall backwards. Had the person not caught me I would have. I look up into the eyes of my savior and the familiarity hits me like an ice cold splash of water to my face. I see those familiar baby blue eyes that I remember staring back into so many years ago. I am rendered almost speechless until I finally manage to mutter out "Seth?" so low it's almost a whisper.

His eyes widen in surprise for a moment before his demeanor completely changes to a scowl and his eyebrows furrow.

"My name is Anthony Taylor." He scoffs. "I have never seen you before in my life. You must be confusing me for someone else." He says rudely.

He looks so much like Seth it's uncanny. He must have a twin out there. I know it's been 7 years but his face hasn't changed much other than the facial stubble that litters his cheeks. He of course got way taller and oh my God is he hot. He is extremely built and really nice to look at. He notices me check him out and he gives me a tiny, cocky smirk and as I realize he saw me looking at him, I blush and lower my gaze to the floor.

A voice makes me hold my head up suddenly, "Baby? Who is this?" A girl asks Anthony showing distaste towards me.

"She's no one. Let's go." He says as he grabs her arm and they walk quickly down the hallway.

Geez. So rude. Is everyone in this place like this??

After a long day of much of the same, I come home and soon after mom joins me.

"How was your first day?" She asks as she slumps down on to couch and puts her feet up immediately.

"It was.......interesting." I withhold my true feelings so I don't upset mom. She has enough going on. But I know she senses my frustration.

"Well honey, it will get better. People will get to know the wonderful person that you are and you will make lots of friends." She says encouragingly.

"Speaking of friends I ran into a long lost friend today or atleast he was his twin because he said his name was Anthony. But I swear he looked identical to Seth." I tell her.

"Really? That's crazy! You haven't seen him in like 7 years right? I am sure he has changed some. You haven't said his name in so long. It takes me back to your childhood." She says reminiscingly.

"How was your day mom?" I ask changing the subject. I can tell she was thinking of dad. I can always tell.

"Well it was ok. It's going to be an adjustment. I have a lot to learn, but the people I work with are all very welcoming." She tells me smiling.

Boy I wish I could say the same. I think to myself.

I need to just become an adult already. Teenage drama sucks.

"Are you ready to eat?" My mom asks breaking me from my thoughts.

I nod my head and we eat dinner continuing to talk about our days trying to focus on the positive and not the negative. Although I can't think of much positive at the moment. I miss Jordan and I need to talk to him.

I head to my bedroom and FaceTime Jordan. He answers almost instantly.

"Hey!! I miss you so much!" I beam happily when I see his face.

"Hey beautiful! I miss you too. I can't wait to come visit you in a few weeks. This is so hard but I want to make this work." He tells me sincerely.

"I can't wait until I see you either. I am trying to adjust to my new school but I just don't know. The people here just aren't as friendly." I tell him honestly.

"Babe, you will make friends. Just keep being you and someone will soon see how awesome you are." He tells me sweetly.

He always knows how to make me feel better.

"Well I have to go to bed, I will talk to you tomorrow." I tell him.

"Night." He tells me as I say the same thing in return and we hang up.

I lay in bed tossing and turning that night thinking of all the scenarios in my head of what is going to happen tomorrow at school. It has to be a better day. I am going to make it one. I think to myself before I doze off.