Chapter 7-What Did I Agree To?

Kendall's POV

"What can I help you with Anthony?" I finally manage to blurt out after the initial shock wears off.

He looks back at me with an emotion I can't read before saying, "Do you girls mind if I talk to Kendall alone?" He says directed towards Julie and Sarah.

They just nod their heads and go to class.

"So..... I just wanted to say I am sorry for interrupting your date the other night and I am sorry for being an asshole to you when you first came here." He blurts out.

I look at him with a look of pure and utter shock I am sure.

"You're apologizing to me?" I ask flabbergasted.

"Yeah...I mean I don't know. Just trying to be nicer I guess." He says trying to sound more cool.

"You're forgiven." I say and smile at him.

He smiles back at me and I almost fainted right there at the sight. His smile could light up the darkest room. He has beautiful teeth and dimples.

"I do have to say one more thing..." he draws out as he leans down to whisper in my ear and gets dangerously close to me... "you would look a whole lot better standing next to a guy that is a lot taller, much more muscular, and could do things to you that most girls only dream about." He whispers seductively in my ear.

God that was hot. I think the temperature raised 100 degrees in here suddenly. I feel my face heat up from my blush and goosebumps pepper my skin. I can tell he notices it too. But soon I come back to reality and realize how cocky he just sounded. What is wrong with me? I decide to whisper my response back to him.

"Well Anthony, the problem is I don't know any guys like that. And Jordan is one hell of a guy. Don't judge a book by its cover. Have a nice day." I conclude as I smile and turn to walk away leaving Anthony standing with his mouth wide open in a complete state of shock.

Not today Satan. Not today.

I walk into class a few minutes late and I silently curse Anthony for making me tardy. Julie gives me a questioning look and I just quietly tell her that I will fill her in later. At lunch I tell both girls the whole story about running into Anthony in the movie theater and then I tell them all about what he said to me in the hallway. They both sit there with their jaws practically hitting the floor as I finish up my story. Julie is the first one to break their stunned silence.

"Kendall, do you realize that the most popular guy in this school, the one all the girls go crazy for and all the guys want to be like has a thing for you?" She asks me.

I look back at her and quickly shake my head.

"No, no he doesn't. He is just messing with me. Just continuing to be an asshole like he has been since I first moved here." I defend.

They are reading way too much into this.

"I dunno, I agree with Julie on this." Sarah says simply.

"I guess we will just agree to disagree on this one. Remember he has Cassie?" I tell them as I chuckle to myself.

They are crazy. Anthony is not interested in me at all. He just is trying to mess with my head and get under my skin. That's all this is. He's cocky and he's arrogant and I am going to mess with him as much as possible in return to put him in his place and bring his arrogance level down a notch.

The school day flies by quickly and soon enough I am walking home for the evening. Usually I do this in silence with only the thoughts in my head doing the talking but today was different. Someone has decided to tag along with me.

"Kendall, wait up!" I hear someone yell from behind me.

It's one of Anthony's friends. One of the guys that was at the movie theater with him the other night.

"It's Dylan, right?" I ask and he nods and smiles widely. Aww he is really cute. I never noticed it before.

"Did you need something?" I ask after a brief moment of awkward silence.

"Well...I was wondering if you would like to attend the big Halloween party that one of my buddies is having with me? You probably heard about it." He asks me. I stare back at him stunned.

"Well....I don't know. I mean I do have a boyfriend. The guy Jordan you saw at the theater the other night." I explain to him.

"Oh yeah, no this is just as friends. I want to get to know you better. You seem cool. Maybe we could start hanging out more?" He says to me.

This is really awkward and I really don't know what to think. I also don't know what to say. Before I can really think this over my mouth betrays me and blurts out "Sure."

Oh my God. What did I just do?

He smiles brightly back at me and says "Great! I will pick you up at 7:00 that night. Text me your address." He says as he jogs away from me.

I stutter trying to get the words out but I become completely tongue tied. What have I done? How will I explain this to the girls or worse to Jordan?? I feel like I am going to cheat on Jordan by going out with someone else. But he did say it was just as friends right?? So it's not even really a date. I find myself feeling completely conflicted and unsure of what to do. I quickly run home and call Sarah and Julie on Facetime. I explain the whole situation and they tell me they think he is going to make it like a date. Which is what I totally felt like it was too.

I instantly freak out. "Calm down." Julie says.

"What if I just don't tell him my address then he will never show up?" I ask unsure.

"That will never work. Number 1, he could just find your address another way. Number 2, he could also use that as a way to spread a bunch of crap around you at school saying God knows what." Sarah says.

She's right. Ugh I hate this.

"Listen, it's all good. We will come with you so it doesn't look like a date and he will get the hint that you are not interested." Julie says while smiling.

"That's perfect. Yes let's do that." I tell her. It's times like these I am so glad I met these girls.