Chapter 8-Halloween

Kendall's POV

It's the night of the Halloween party and I am very nervous. Not just because of this " friendly date" with Dylan but the fact that I will be at a party with a bunch of people from our school. Parties are social and I just don't know how to act around everyone. It's still hard being the new girl in school.

Julie and Sarah come over early to help me get ready and to get themselves ready for the party. We all have our costumes. We decided to be Monica, Rachel, and Phoebe from Friends. We came up with the idea together and I love it because it's one of my favorite shows of all time. I am Rachel, Julie is Monica, and Sarah is Phoebe. Our characters fit our personalities in many ways. We picked out clothes they would wear and even got wigs that we cut and styled to match them. After we are all dressed and ready and my mom snaps a couple hundred photos, we hear the doorbell ring and we head out to the party with Dylan.

On the way to the party I can tell Dylan is a little annoyed that I brought Sarah and Julie along. But he said this was a friend thing so I brought more friends. Ha! We arrive at the party and things have already begun. Lots of beer and liquor everywhere, people dancing and grinding up on each other, kids making out on couches and in hallways. These poor people's house!! My mom would kill me if I did this!

As we come into the main party area, we all grab drinks. The girls each grab a beer, Dylan takes a few shots, and I decide to take the safe route and drink some of the punch. I am not a drinker. At least not yet anyway. After hanging out for a bit and having a few drinks, we all are loosened up and decide to go hit the dance floor. Julie and Sarah dance together, while Dylan and I pair off as well. Dylan is actually a good dancer. He have fun dancing for a while until I suddenly feel a harsh tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Anthony glaring between Dylan and I . Geez why does he always seem so pissed off?

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asks me motioning for me to join him away from the dance floor.

I just nod my head and follow him. Why do I feel like a lecture is coming on?

"What happened to Jordan? Why are you here with Dylan?" He says venomously especially as he says Dylan's name.

"Ummm, not that it is any of your business but he invited me and my friends here as friends and nothing else. I made it clear to him that I was taken by Jordan." I say as smoothly as I can.

I feel a little off. Must be all the dancing I have been doing. Making me dehydrated. I decide to walk over and get some more punch. Anthony of course follows me after he lets off a huge scoff.

"Are you really that nieve? Dylan only wants one thing from you and that isn't friendship. He thinks with his dick. Trust me." He says bluntly.

I open my mouth out of shock and anger. "How dare you!! You have no right to say anything to me and you have no idea. Plus why do you care? Cassie is over there, why aren't you with your girlfriend?" I ask feeling livid.

He just looks back at me angrily until he finally turns around and walks off in the direction of Cassie. Thank God. Such an ass I swear. I go back over to find the girls and Dylan still dancing where I left them. We dance for a while longer making us develop an insatiable thirst, so we continue to down drinks. After a while, Sarah says she isn't feeling well. Julie goes with her to try and find a bathroom in this place. Leaving me alone with Dylan. He asks me if I want to go outside with him to get some fresh air and to get away from the loud music for a little bit. I agree. I need a break. My ears ring for a few moments at the newfound quiet that the October night brings.

"You know you look really pretty tonight. Way prettier than Rachel ever was." Dylan says to me.

Ok that was kind of cheesy but I just laugh and say "thanks." I suddenly feel a little wobbly probably from all the dancing we have been doing and I lose my footing and fall right into Dylan's arms. He takes this as a sign that I am trying to kiss him and he begins devouring my lips with very sloppy kisses. Yuck. He is the worst kisser ever. Gross. I push away from him breaking the kiss for a moment.

"Come on baby, I saw how much action you were giving your man in the theater. Can I get in on some of that and maybe take it a step further?" He asks before grabbing me against him roughly pinning my arms in the process.

I don't know what is wrong with me but it's like I can't use my senses correctly. I try to scream and tell him no and to stop but he keeps trying to grope me and kiss me no matter how much I protest. I finally send up a silent prayer for someone to come rescue me and as if God answered me right then, I feel Dylan's body being ripped away from me. I stand there in a state of shock as I look at Anthony who is now glaring at Dylan.

Holy crap I thought he gave me dirty looks. If looks could kill, Dylan would be 6ft under right now.

"What the fuck are you doing to her?!!" Anthony screams at Dylan.

"I was just having fun, trying to get her to loosen up." He says trying to defend his actions.

"Oh really? Well the last time I checked "no" and "stop" mean to cut it out and why the fuck would you even try something like that when you both are drunk?" He booms.

What? I haven't drank.

"I'm not drunk. I haven't drank any alcohol." I say in my defense.

He looks at me like I am an idiot. "I saw you drinking the punch." He says to me through gritted teeth.

I sit there confused for a few moments before realization hits me. Oh the punch was spiked? No wonder I feel so out of it. Crap. I am torn from my thoughts when I hear Anthony continue to yell at Dylan.

"Now get the fuck out of here before I beat your bitch ass!!" He yells at Dylan and that's all if takes for Dylan to take off running.

I look down to the ground in complete embarrassment. I notice there was a bit of a crowd drawn around at the sound of all the commotion. Then I hear Cassie yelling at Anthony from beside him as he stares at me intensely.

"Anthony I don't know why you even care?! Take me home now!!" She demands him.

After a few moments he finally looks her way and they walk to his car and get in and drive off. I make my way back inside and find Sarah and Julie. Julie informs me Sarah got sick and they need to go. I decide to call a cab to come get us since we lost our ride and none of us are in any shape to drive obviously even if we wanted to. After getting back to my house, we don't even discuss the events of the night because we are all just so exhausted. We give in to our tiredness and fall into a deep sleep.