Chapter 17- The Cat's Out Of The Bag

Anthony/Seth's POV

I can't stand it anymore. I have to tell her. I don't care what my mom says or thinks. I can't live without Kendall. I hate that she doesn't know the biggest secret in my life that I have been keeping since childhood and I was old enough to understand what was going on. I will feel so relieved to tell my best friend. After school, I head to our spot and am excited to see she listened to me and is waiting for me.

"This better be good." She says with her arms crossed. God she is so hot.

"First of all, we are going to go for a walk up the trail here. No one can hear us talking got it?" I tell her.

She nods her head yes and we begin walking.

"Listen, you aren't going to reveal to me that you are an axe murderer or something and then slit my throat are you?" She asks chuckling nervously.

"Really?" I ask her giving her knowing look.

"Ok so what is it?" She asks.

I fumble my hands around nervously for a moment before finding the courage to talk.

"So, first things first...my name really is Seth Tarantino. My father is Justin Tarantino. All of my life we told people he was a traveling businessman or in the military when in fact he does none of those things." I tell her as she looks at me skeptically.

"He works for the CIA. He is a spy and he has helped take down a lot of criminals in his lifetime all around the world. He always kept a low profile because he had to so no one knew who he was or what he did. But one day things went haywire while he was doing a job, and he got caught. Some Russian bad guys figured out who he was and they beat the crap out of him. He was battered within an inch of his life. They left him for dead. Then they started researching him and they found out where we lived. I am not sure how since everything is top secret in the government. They planned to come and kill my mom and I too for revenge. But my father was smart and had a personal body guard that helped keep a watch out for us. The body guard found out what they did to my dad and came and made us pack everything up and leave one night in the middle of the night. He told us we had to leave our old life behind and go into the witness protection program." I tell her as I feel like a weight has been lifted from me.

I finally told her the truth.

"Oh my God! That's why that day I woke up and found you gone, your house was a wreck." She remembers.

"Yes, shortly after we escaped they came and ransacked our house looking for us and looking for clues as to where we might be. But they never found us luckily. We can never let them know where we are. These people are bad news and even though it's been several years, they vowed to not rest until they killed our whole family." I tell her shakily.

She reaches out and grabs my hand and it instantly calms me down as she runs circles around the back of it and interlocks our fingers.

"They believe my father is dead. We haven't even seen him in 6 years. He's been in hiding since that day. We talk once a month briefly. It's been really hard on all of us especially mom. It's like they are divorced, but they are not. She misses him and I do too." I tell her honestly.

"I am so glad you told me. You have no idea how much I blamed myself. I thought you guys hated me and left because I got on your nerves or something." She says as I chuckle.

"I know that sounds ridiculous, remember I was only 10 at the time?!" She finishes as she begins to laugh lightly.

"Kendall, you have to promise me that you won't tell a soul. You can't slip up and call me Seth around anyone.  No one can find out or we are as good as dead." I tell her solemnly.

"And by the way I am so sorry about your dad. I wanted to tell you that when you told me so bad, but I knew you would figure it out. He was a good man. Our parents were good friends. Our world just fell apart all because of my dad's job. I wonder how things would have turned out if all of this hadn't happened and we didn't leave?" I ask her.

"It would have ended up with the same result as far as us.." she points between us before leaning up and grabbing my face to kiss me fiercely, but softly. She drives me so wild. I grab her butt and pull her legs up so I can hold her in my arms and hug her close to me. We stop to take a breath and rest our foreheads together.

"But fate has destined us to be together no matter what apparently." I tell her honestly.

She smiles back at me nodding in agreeance. This girl means the world to me and I hope and pray she will keep my secret.