Chapter 4- You Are Not My Dad

Kendall's POV

I decide that after having so many stare downs with Anthony that I am going to ask Julie and Sarah about him out of curiosity. I don't want it to sound like I am digging for info too much but I need some answers. We sit down to lunch and I begin my quest for knowledge.

"So what do you guys know about Anthony Taylor?" I begin my questioning.

"You mean the most popular guy in school that is a senior and totally gorgeous? Yeah we know him." Sarah answers as she and Julie both giggle.

"Why are you asking?" Julie questions me.

"Well every time I am in the hallway I see him staring at me. At first I thought it was all in my head but it's weird. It's like I can feel it when he does it." I explain.

"Oh well I wouldn't look too much into it. He may just be trying to read you since you are new in town. He has a girlfriend, Cassie Johnson. She's the most popular girl in school. They are the couple that rules the school. She is the head cheerleader and he is the lead pitcher for our baseball team. They have gone to states every year since he started here." She explains.

I give her a questioning look so she continues without me even having to ask.

"He moved here in 10th grade. He instantly fit right in. I mean when you look like that it makes sense. He has moved around a lot. Apparently his dad is in the military. I think he is looking forward to graduation so he can be done with all the moving around personally." She finishes.

"Wow, you would have thought he lived here his whole life and grew up around all of you. I feel drawn to him for some reason." I tell the girls honestly.

They both exchange looks before Sarah speaks.

"Look, we both know you are new here and are excited to meet new people and all but don't mess with Anthony. Cassie is a real bitch and is very territorial when it comes to Anthony. I honestly don't think he really truly loves her. I don't think they have a good relationship. But if you don't want to be Cassie's new target to belittle and hate you, then you need to just stay away from Anthony Taylor." They warn me.

Great. This sounds terrible. But I am going to listen to them. The last thing I want is to start drama after just moving here. Things are just starting to calm down to an extent and my life is falling into place. I will definitely be leaving Anthony Taylor alone and will ignore him as much as possible. He will be graduating at the end of this year so I only have to put up with it for the next 8 months. Ugh.

So I do as planned and continue to ignore Anthony over the next couple of weeks. I get to know Julie and Sarah even better as we spend a lot of time out of school together just as we do in school. But even though I don't look Anthony's way, I can feel his intense gaze on me at all times.

One day after school, I decide to take a walk around town to do a little shopping. We never really got to go back to school shopping before moving here and I really need some supplies. Plus we didn't know exactly what I needed for school so it only made sense to wait until I got here to see what was required for me to get. I put my headphones in as I walk through town and I look around noticing all the shops and buildings. I am really trying to learn my way around more. I am very deep in thought and distracted with my music. I hit the button at the traffic light to signal for me to walk. I look down at my phone to change the song but then look up to see that the WALK sign has been illuminated letting me know it is safe to cross. Or so I thought. I never even heard the screeching tires or the horn or let alone see the car barreling towards me. What I do feel is a huge collision with a body that tackles me to the ground before I am struck by the vehicle. I look up to see those same beautiful blue eyes that have been glaring at me since I have moved here. But he looks pissed. I suddenly remember I still have my headphones in and I reach to yank them out. Anthony jumps up abruptly not even bothering to help me up. I get up slowly and look at him to see him still scowling. What is his problem?

"Are you fucking stupid or do you just have a death wish?!" He asks me harshly.

Before I even get a chance to explain myself he begins to lecture me.

"You could have been killed! Didn't your parents teach you to look both ways before you crossed the street?! And to not be listening to headphones when you are walking on a busy roadway?!" He yells.

That's it. I am done with his attitude towards me. I am not going to sit here and take this.

"Look. For your information I hit the button and it lit up saying I was ok to walk. So I was paying attention. Obviously that driver wasn't because they had a red light. So you should be lecturing them! And the last time I checked who are you to say anything to me? You aren't my dad. My dad never talked to me this way when he was alive. Also, why the hell do you care? Ever since I moved here you act like I don't even exist. You give me dirty looks when I do look your way and have been nothing but a rude asshole!! People say you are popular but from where I stand I have absolutely no clue why?!" I yell back in anger.

I am fuming.

I start to walk away before I look back and finish my rant by saying, "Thanks for saving me but I have no clue why you did if you hate me that much. Look, I will stay out of your way and you stay out of mine for the rest of the school year. Have a nice life Anthony."
I tell him bitterly before walking into the store and out of his sight.

I don't forget the look of complete shock on his face as I finish telling him off. Man that felt good. He needs to stop being such a jerk. Even if he did save my life. I feel a little guilty for a moment but I let that feeling subside. We just need to stay away from each other. He has anger issues and I don't want to be around him. I honestly don't see why people like him so much?!